The following is a guest post from Trevor Owens, Digital Archivist with the Office of Strategic Initiatives.
Join the NDIIPP team for a free online workshop on using Viewshare to create interfaces to digital collections. See how you can use Viewshare to learn more about your collections and create and share dynamic interfaces to your collections.
Date: Monday, January 23, 2012
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time
Register for the workshop today, before all the space fills up. Be sure to request a Viewshare.org account before the workshop so that you can jump right in to using the tool.
After this one hour workshop you will be able to:
- Import data from spreadsheets, MODS records, and Dublin Core data via OAI-PMH.
- Working with your data by generating structured information (like points of latitude and longitude) from plain text place names.
- Build dynamic interfaces to your collection information, including maps, timelines, and charts
- Share the view you create with everyone or with only select individuals
- Embed the interface you create into your own website
Please pass information on this workshop on to anyone you think might be interested in participating.
Again, you can register here. Update on 1/18/12: Due to overwhelming response, the workshop is now full. Another workshop will be scheduled at a future date.