In this issue:
- Why does digital preservation matter?
- Learn about some key dates in the history of digitizing texts.
- A call to action to preserve science discourse on the Web.
- Find out what resolution to scan at when using your personal scanner.
- Recent interviews: Bailey Smith and Anne Wootton of Pop Up Archive; Dirk von Suchodoletz from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Freiburg; and Jan Ziolkowski, Director, and Yota Batsaki, Executive Director, of Dumbarton Oaks.
- Highlights of some recent Viewshare.org collections.
- Upcoming events: Personal Digital Archiving 2013, Feb 21-22; and ALA’s Preservation Week 2013, April 21-27.