I had an idea the other day to try and test the observational skills and knowledge of our readers, as well as highlight some of the items in the Law Library’s vast collection.
I intentionally put a book on the wrong shelf. To my librarian colleagues who came to me with heart palpitations that I misplaced a book on the shelves, please do not worry, I made sure that I put it back in its proper place afterwards. Can you tell from the (intentionally blurry) picture and the clues which item it is?
- I am over one hundred years old and one of nine.
- Legal scholars, professionals and students alike rely on me.
- I provide both history and clarity.
- I am cited by courts, even the Supreme Court takes note of me.
- I am mobile and can fit in your pocket or sit on your desk.
- Yes, there is an app for me.
- I have been translated many, many times.
What am I?