{ subscribe_url: '/share/sites/library-of-congress-blogs/law.php' }

Card Catalog Storage – Pic of the Week

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my hometown library, the Albright Memorial Library, in Scranton, Pennsylvania and its participation in the Federal Depository Library Program.  As described in the post, I have a card catalog from the library in our home.

Card Catalog from the Albright Memorial Library. Manufactured by The Library Bureau.

My colleague, Elizabeth Moore, stopped by my office last week to ask whether I used the card catalog for storage. She also has a card catalog in her home, purchased years ago from her former employer, Loyola University New Orleans Law Library. Elizabeth uses her catalog for CD storage, while I use mine for storing Christmas ornaments.

Card Catalog now = Ornament Storage

So, we are curious, what do you store in your at-home card catalogs?  For some ideas, take a look on Pinterest.

1. Toon de Laaf
    January 11, 2013 at 10:44 am

Nice!

2. Nancy
    January 11, 2013 at 11:03 am

I don’t have one but I am terribly envious of yours :o )

3. Jackie
    January 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Everything in the house that we could never find, A-Z! Cat paraphernalia, tools, tape, pencils, picture hangers, measuring tapes, glue, scissors … couldn’t live without it.

4. Headaches!
    January 11, 2013 at 3:55 pm

How do you keep the kids out of those drawers!!!

5. Jeanine Cali
    January 11, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Thanks for your comments. As for the boys messing with the drawers, our first project after moving it in was to anchor it to the wall. Surprisingly, our boys are not interested in what is in the drawers as much as using them to store their own goods. There are a few empty drawers near the bottom of the cabinet and the contents in them change often between Star Wars figures and Matchbox cars.

6. Ally Cahill and Alice Morris
    January 14, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love this so so much. I love the way that they have different options on what to do with the card catalogue drawers. Great ! Thankyou Allyson and Alice