Library curators and staff decked the blogs in December with a variety of posts. Here are some highlights.
- In the Muse: Performing Arts Blog
A Miro on Which to Dwell
The Miro Quartet pays homage to Schubert and Stradivarius
- The Signal: Digital Preservation
Why Does Digital Preservation Matter
Bill LeFurgy talks about the importance of digital stewardship
- Picture This: Library of Congress Prints & Photos
Puck Cartoons: “Launched at Last!”
More than 2,500 color cartoon illustrations published in Puck magazine
- From the Catbird Seat: Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress
A Grimm Beginning
The 200th anniversary of the publication of the first volume of “Grimms’ Fairy Tales” is celebrated
- Inside Adams: Science, Technology & Business
Greatest Inventions: 2012 and 1913 Editions
Jennifer Harbster asks what are the top inventions of 2012.
- In Custodia Legis: Law Librarians of Congress
Unusual Laws: The Tudor Vermin Acts
A bounty is placed on nuisance animals.
- Teaching with the Library of Congress
It’s Snowing: Plowing Ahead with Primary Sources from the Library
Ann Savage looks at the lesson in snow.
- Copyright Matters: Digitization and Public Access
Getting Ready for Data Capture: Sorting Out the Details in the Catalog Cards
Mike Burke talks about work being done to capture data from pre-1978 Copyright records.