This week, in our ongoing series of unknown movie stills, we go way back to the silent days of filmmaking. We hope you can help us identify these performers or the productions they are in. As always, “clicking” on the images below will increase their size. Please put any suggestions you have in the “comments” section below. As the images are positively ID’ed, we’ll update this blog. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! And come back next Tuesday for a new set of unknowns.
1. The code on the photo of this pretty lady (PGP-5489) suggests that it was taken at Paramount Pictures.
SOLVED!: Josephine Dunn.
2. Certainly a dramatic moment from a film but what is the film and who are the actors? We’ve had a suggestion that the man in the middle might be Bob Steele.
UPDATE: Probably not Bob Steele. Someone has written on the back of the original: Walter Miller.
3. Who is the pretty lady among the peacocks?
SOLVED!: Edwina Booth!–Thank you, Jessica W.
4. We’ve had a guess on this smiling woman as being silent star Jeanette Loff, but we’ve also had those who say it isn’t….
5. The name of any of these theater-goers is appreciated and/or the film from which this shot might be taken.
UPDATE: It’s probably NOT Bobby Vernon after all. Could the man in question be Niles Welch? This photo though is from a Tiffany-Stahl Production.
6. There is some internal speculation that this racy shot is not from a film at all but was an advertisement.
UPDATE: Could the woman in the middle be Ann Dvorak?
To see our previous photo blogs, please click on the links below….
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (2 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (4 out of 6 solved!)