Since the Library launched this photo ID blog four weeks ago, we have had tremendous success in positively identifying many previously unknown individuals and film titles. THANK YOU to all who have looked and contributed!
In previous weeks, we have posted blogs looking at unknown women, unknown men, unknown films and, most recently, unknown musicians and singers. This week, we post a selection of photos that seem to come from obscure horror or suspense films.
As always, we welcome you to look at the following photos, click on them to make them larger, and then post guesses or suggestions in the comments section below. Should we be able to positively ID a title or a performer, we’ll update this blog throughout the week.
UPDATE: We’ve had a couple of theories about this one. Is it perhaps the 1991 French film “Delicatessen” or is it, as someone else has suggested, a film called “Je’ M’Appelle Monstre” or is it none of the above?… But others are casting doubts on if this is a French film at all. A popular theory now is that it looks like it was shot in San Francisco.
2. This still has a code printed in its lower right-hand corner. It is: SC-19. “SC” is probably the initials of the film it is from but, so far, we haven’t been able to determine the title.
UPDATE: Someone was kind enough to review the film “Shock Corridor” and reported back that this still is not from that film.
3. We have reason to believe that the actor in this still is Swedish actor Gunnar Bjornstrand, but aren’t certain.
4. For this particular still, we don’t know if it’s from a horror film or not. While there’s speculation that this might be some sort of vampire film or a “Jekyll/Hyde” adaption, others believe this might be simply a period piece or a still from an opera.
5. As with the some of the other photos here, the above may not be from a horror film, but perhaps from something more action-oriented.
SOLVED!: “Murder by Phone” (1982) (a.k.a. “Bells”).–Thank you, Andy H.
6. These creatures could be from a horror film, or perhaps even a children’s film, but its title remains a mystery.
THANKS TO ALL!