Here is another set of unknowns. These gentlemen may be actors, or they may be directors, writers, producers. And some might not be affiliated with film/TV at all–perhaps they are captains of industry, or TV hosts, or local anchormen. Regardless, we welcome your thoughts as to who they might be. Please place your educated guesses in the “comments” section below. As always, as they are positively ID’ed, we will update this blog accordingly. And, as always, “clicking” on any of the images below will increase them in size. Thank you!!!
1. The above gent may be a character actor of some note.
3. Who is the distinguished man with the carnation in his lapel?
4. This gentleman looks very familiar–surely an actor of some renown. But what is his name?
SOLVED!: Director Carl Franklin.–Thanks, Beverly W.
5. Something about this picture seems to shout “anchorman” but we don’t know his identity.
SOLVED!: John J. McMahon, a one-time NBC exec.
6. Who is the man with the glasses?
UPDATE!: Peter Shaffer?
7. Another man who looks a bit like he belongs in news or local weather. Regardless, who is he?
8. We do not know if the man pictured here is a doctor or if he just plays one on TV.
SOLVED!: Mark Jenkins in the TV show “Young Dr. Kildare” (1972)–Thank you Steven Thompson!
9. This photo has far more information attached to it than we’re used to. It is dated 1982 and is marked “Universal City Studios.” But beyond that, who is the man at the drawing board? (Note the subject matter of his drawings–a WWII fighter plane and an exotic street scene.)
SOLVED!: Ron Cobb, art director/designer. Thank you Mike Johnson!
10. Probably an executive of some sort.
To see our previously mystery photo posts–some photos still waiting to be ID’ed–please click on any of the links below.
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (3 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #9: Portraits of an Unknown Woman (2 of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #10: The Films With No Name (6 out of 8 solved!)
Photo Blog #11: The Kids are Unknown (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #12: Reel Mysteries (5 out of 10 solved!)