It is week number four for our blog of “mystery photos.” Thanks to all who reviewed and commented on our previous posts over the past few weeks. (If you want to see those again, here are the links: Who’s That Lady?; Who’s That Gent? and Name That Movie!)
This time we are posting photos that we believe are music-related based upon where they were found– amongst photos of other musicians. Clicking on any of the images below will increase their size.
We welcome your suggestions about any of the following images in the Comments section below.
1. It is quite possible that this woman is an actress but this particular still was found in a stack with other music-related photos. Regardless: who is she?
2. We have two shots of this man, both wearing the same colorful, flowered silk shirt. This one shows more of his face. But neither lists a name.
3. The mustache, turtleneck and chain seems to clearly mark this photo as from the 1970s.
SOLVED!: Derek Taylor, Beatles publicist, friend and historian.
4. Neither the name of this handsome gentleman or the building he is pictured in front of is known. Could the building in the background be a concert hall?
UPDATE: Perhaps not musical after all. Could this be Jason Gedrick from FOX’s “Class of ’96”?
5. In the lower corner of this photo is a stamp that reads “Bloom/Chicago.” Bloom was a 1930s-era photographer of radio, music and vaudeville talents who was based in the Windy City. This unknown couple might have been local or national radio or stage headliners.
6. On the back of this photo is written, in ink, “Fri TV ON Two Guys.” But there’s no other information.
SOLVED: The man with the guitar is Gordon Bok. Thank you to Jocelyn Shaw!
If we can authenticate a suggestion as correct, we will post the identity of the person/people in the photos throughout the week.
THANKS TO ALL!