Apply to participate in a Teaching with Primary Sources Summer Teacher Institute at the Library of Congress if you want:
- A week to learn effective strategies to incorporate primary sources into your teaching;
- A week to develop a lesson plan using primary sources from the Library of Congress;
- An opportunity to interact with teachers from around the country and exchange ideas;
- To meet the Teaching with Primary Sources blog team.
The five-day institutes will provide educators with tools and resources to effectively integrate primary sources into classroom teaching. The teacher institutes are free but participants must pay for travel to Washington, D.C., and for lodging and food while attending the institute.
In addition, interested participants may earn three graduate credits from George Mason University for completing all Summer Teacher Institute and post Institute requirements (additional fees are required to obtain graduate credit).
Interested? Institute dates are listed below. Note that two of the institutes will highlight specific topics. The remaining dates are not topic driven.
- May 21-25, 2012
- June 11-15, 2012
- July 9-13, 2012 (World Cultures Focus)
- July 16-20, 2012 (Civil War Focus)
- August 6-10, 2012
The deadline to send in applications is February 17, 2012. Additional information and the application form can be found here!