Over the last year we have been busy updating the Business homepage. Many of the guides have been updated and new ones have been added. Here are a few of the new items:
- There is a detailed guide created to help researchers track down Census information: Census Connections A Guide To Locating Selected U.S. Decennial And Economic Census Publications In The Library Of Congress. It was compiled by the same person who developed the related guide: A Few Quick Tips to Locating U.S. Census Publications in the Library of Congress.
- There is a short guide with an inventory of Telephone Exchange Directories from the late
18th19th and early 19th20th centuries.
- Since railroads were a huge industry, we have attempted to help researchers doing historical research with: RAILROADS: Historical Research Sources at the Library of Congress.
- We continue to add items to the Special Collections page and a few of the most recent additions include the papers of W. Edwards Deming, records from Cooper, Hewitt & Company, Department of the Treasury records (1775-1890), and the Records of the Virginia Company of London.
- There is now a spreadsheet with an inventory of the D&B Reference Book, to make it easier for researchers to understand exactly what editions we have.
We will also be updating and reorganizing other parts of the Business web page and that will include an update and expansion of information on federal budget documents and related sources that will be coming soon.