In Custodia Legis started one year ago today on August 2, 2010. We celebrated being a mere week old and now can’t believe how quickly a year has passed. We’ve posted 275 times in the past 365 days (this is number 276).
It’s been an interesting year for the blog. I thought I’d ask around the Law Library of Congress to find out if anyone had a favorite post. Mark Strattner and Kimberly Allen both said that the interviews with staff were their favorites because they learned so many interesting things about their coworkers.
Brock Thompson and Nicole Atwill really liked Nathan’s post on “The Devil and Thomas Dale.” Nathan can’t decide between “Thirty Years Ago – The Big Move” and Kelly’s “Maybe a Dingo Killed the Baby.” Kurt’s favorite post is Clare’s post on “Wicked Strumpets, Cannibals, and Witches in English Case Law” because it introduced him to a part of the collection he had never considered for pleasure reading.
Do you have a favorite post? Did it make the top ten? The top ten posts for the past year are a great mix of the subject areas we cover:
1. Top Law Library of Congress Web Pages
2. An Irishman’s “Gust of Passion” in the American Trial Collection
3. Maps, Parliaments, and Trials: An Irish Sampler
4. The Inspiring Story of Nelson Mandela
5. There’s a Congressional App for That
6. Cinco de Mayo is Not Mexican Independence Day?
7. Slavery in the French Colonies: Le Code Noir (the Black Code) of 1865
8. Tattoos and Copyright in The Hangover Part II
9. THOMAS: The Revamp during the Recess
10. What Does This Symbol Mean?
We thought we’d celebrate a little and thank everyone that has helped us during the past year. And thanks to everyone who has read the blog, left a comment, or blogged about it.
Happy birthday to you!
Three of the topics I most enjoyed did make your top ten list. I am 64 yrs old and enjoy learning new stuff every day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thanks for many hours of enjoyable reading.
Happy birthday to you!!!