Another year, another list of legislation! After 13 in 2013 and 14 in 2014, it is time for the 15 most-viewed items in 2015 on Congress.gov.
- H.R.213 [114th] Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015
- H.R.1599 [114th] Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015
- H.R.1735 [114th] National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
- H.R.1314 [114th] Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015
- H.R.22 [114th] FAST Act
- H.R.83 [113th] Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
- H.R.2232 [114th] Vaccinate All Children Act of 2015
- S.1177 [114th] Every Student Succeeds Act
- S.754 [114th] Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015
- H.R.2 [114th] Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R.378 [114th] Responsible Body Armor Possession Act
- H.R.240 [114th] Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
- S.1 [114th] Keystone XL Pipeline Approval Act
- H.R.36 [114th] Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- H.R.2058 [114th] FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015
This was a very productive year for Congress.gov. It was a lot of fun to be a part of such a great group of people focused on providing a better way to connect with Congress.
- February was the addition of email alerts, which notify users of the status of legislation, new issues of the Congressional Record, and when Members of Congress sponsor and cosponsor legislation.
- In March treaty documents and better default bill text were added.
- For May search, browse, and accessibility improvements enhanced the system.
- Then in July, Congress.gov updates were based on user driven feedback.
- In October, we added Senate Executive Communications and a series of Two-Minute Tip videos.
- Finally in December the Congressional Record Index, Quick Search, and the State Legislature page were added.
With all of these updates, THOMAS is several steps closer to retiring to Monticello. We are looking forward to what 2016 will bring!