I recently mentioned that we are doing releases for Congress.gov that are more frequent and smaller in scope. Rather than posting highlights of just the new enhancements, I thought it would be good to share a little more from across Congress.gov including the featured search tip and the top 10 most-viewed bills.
Adrienne Keys drafts and regularly shares search tips (available via RSS or email). The current featured tip is on Senate Communications Quick Search:
A Senate Communications Quick Search option allows you to search according to the date – or range of dates – that executive communications (EC), presidential messages (PM), or petitions and memorials (POM) appeared in the Congressional Record.
You can try this feature with a search for items that appeared in the Congressional Record in the past month. On the Quick Search form, be sure that the Congress section corresponds with the date range searched. Then, select Date is between. Use the calendar tool to select the start and end dates for the search. Select the Search button to view results.
Note: this Quick Search form searches only executive communications to the Senate. Executive communications to the House will be available on Congress.gov later in 2017.
Each week Robert updates the Most-Viewed Bills (which you can subscribe to by RSS or email). It is a quick way to see what legislation people are coming to Congress.gov to view each week. Here is the top 10 for the week of August 13, 2017:
1. S.354 RAISE Act 2. H.R.3364 Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act 3. H.R.367 Hearing Protection Act of 2017 4. S.720 Israel Anti-Boycott Act 5. H.R.669 Restricting First Use of Nuclear Weapons Act of 2017 6. H.R.392 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2017 7. H.R.2161 Venezuelan Refugee Assistance Act 8. H.R.38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 9. H.R.244 Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017 10. H.R.2810 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018
New Enhancements for August 2017
You can see the new enhancements for August on Congress.gov:
Enhancements – Committee Report
- Calendar numbers display in Senate report headers
- S.Rpt. 114-201 displays Calendar No. 345
Enhancements – Tracker Adjustments
- Tracker displays Agreed to in House and Agreed to in Senate – rather than Passed House or Passed Senate – for Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions
Enhancements – Treaty Detail Navigation
- Executive reports open with collapsed overview boxes from TXT links in treaty detail overview boxes
- See link to Exec. Report 114-4 from Treaty Document 112-8
As always, please continue to send us feedback! We use it to keep making Congress.gov better for you.