Earlier this month, Robert shared the update that included the addition of a link to Bills to be Considered on the House Floor to the House of Representatives section of Current Legislative Activities on the Congress.gov homepage.
With the release we also added a subcommittee filter on the committee profile pages when you select a Congress. What are the enhancements for this month?
New Enhancements for March 2019
Enhancement – Committee Profiles – Subcommittee Filter
- You can filter by subcommittee when you limit your research or results to a single Congress on a committee profile.
Enhancement – Legislation Text – Bill Type Filter
- When you search from the Legislation Text form, you can filter your search results by Bill Text Versions.
Enhancement – Committee Schedule – Meeting Updates
- Rescheduled and postponed meetings are clearly indicated on the weekly and daily views of the committee schedule.
Earlier this year, Robert shared this tip on how to receive an email when a Member of Congress has a new remark printed in the Congressional Record:
Congress.gov alerts are emails sent to you when a measure (bill or resolution), nomination, or member profile has been updated with new information. You can also receive an email after a Member has new remarks printed in the Congressional Record. Here are instructions on how to get an email after a Member has new remarks printed in the Congressional Record.
- Log in to your Congress.gov account. If you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking “sign in.”
- Scroll down and select a member profile page.
- On the right hand side, click “See this member’s remarks in the Congressional Record.”
- At the top left, click “Save this Search,” then give it any title you like, click save, and finally click “get alerts.”
Here are are the Most-Viewed Bills for the week of March 17, 2019. All of the legislation this week is from the current Congress.
|1.||H.R.1||For the People Act of 2019|
|2.||H.R.1044||Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019|
|3.||H.J.Res.46||Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019.|
|4.||S.47||John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act|
|5.||H.Res.109||Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal.|
|6.||S.386||Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019|
|7.||H.R.8||Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019|
|8.||S.J.Res.7||A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress.|
|9.||H.R.6||American Dream and Promise Act of 2019|
|10.||H.J.Res.31||Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019|
Please share any Congress.gov feedback that you have on the form or leave a comment below.