In February, Andrew announced that the Chamber of Origin filter on search results has been moved higher on the page and is now open by default so you can quickly limit your results to measures from one chamber. So, what is new for March?
New Enhancements for March 2019
Enhancement – House Bills to be Considered – Link from Homepage
- On the homepage, under the House of Representatives section of Current Legislative Activities, find a link to Bills to be Considered on the House Floor.
Adrienne brings us the latest search tip on the new Congress.gov Committee Schedule.
See Congress.gov’s Committee Schedule to view all pending House and Senate committee meetings and hearings scheduled for a given week or day.
- Find the link to the Committee Schedule on the Congress.gov homepage, under Recent.
- View the schedule by week or day.
- Click Meeting Details to open an event page.
- Event pages display the date and location of an event, and the name of the related committee and its website. If available, event pages display witness lists, video of proceedings and links to supporting documentation.
For the week of February 24, 2019, the Most-Viewed Bills on Congress.gov included the following. All bills are from the 116th Congress.
|1.||H.Res.109||Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal.|
|2.||H.R.1044||Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019|
|3.||H.J.Res.31||Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019|
|4.||H.R.8||Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019|
|5.||H.R.420||Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act|
|6.||S.482||A bill to strengthen the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, to combat international cybercrime, and to impose additional sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation, and for other purposes.|
|7.||S.311||Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act|
|8.||H.R.1||For the People Act of 2019|
|9.||H.R.1263||To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine.|
|10.||S.47||Natural Resources Management Act|