Last month Andrew told us about deep linking in Congress.gov while Robert informed us about sponsorship information in saved searches for legislation. This month we are implementing the ReadSpeaker function for use on the Congress.gov bill text tab. Since July 2015, Congress.gov has offered the ReadSpeaker function for bill summaries but now we are offering it for the bill text as well. We are also bringing you a new alert with this release; you can receive an email every Monday with the updated committee schedule for the week.
Enhancement – Committee Schedule – Weekly Alert
- Receive an email every Monday with the updated committee schedule for the week.
Enhancement – Legislation – ReadSpeaker for Bill Text
- Download an audio file of the text of a bill to listen to while commuting or multitasking.
Enhancement – Advanced Search – Cursor Focus
To quickly search by bill, resolution or law number, bookmark the advanced search page where your cursor is in the Legislation and Law Number search box by default.
Enhancement – Committee Videos – Links to Committee Schedule
- New links from the House Committee Videos have been added to the Committee Hearing detail pages.
- Titles now stay on videos when selecting a video to watch.
Enhancement – House Member Profile Pages – Enhanced Link to Clerk Website
- Updated link to House Member Profile pages, “View Member Committee Assignments and Recent Votes (House.gov).” Link goes to the House Clerk Member page with committee and subcommittee assignments, district map, and recent votes.
Congress.gov receives frequent updates, with new features added on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. To review a list of the features added in each release, please visit our Congress.gov enhancements page.
Most Viewed Bills
Here are the most-viewed bills for the week of February 2nd. All of these bills are from the 116th Congress.
|1.||H.R.1865 [116th]||Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020|
|2.||S.1790 [116th]||National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020|
|3.||H.R.5428 [115th]||Stand with UK against Russia Violations Act|
|4.||H.R.943 [116th]||Never Again Education Act|
|5.||H.R.1994 [116th]||Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act of 2019|
|6.||H.R.2474 [116th]||Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2019|
|7.||S.386 [116th]||Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019|
|8.||H.R.5430 [116th]||United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Implementation Act|
|9.||S.488 [116th]||A resolution to provide for related procedures concerning the articles of impeachment against Donald John Trump, President of the United States.|
|10.||H.R.3621 [116th]||Comprehensive CREDIT Act of 2020|