In our first post about enhancements to Congress.gov this month, Robert wrote about the new committee hearing transcripts being added to Congress.gov. In our second release for this month, we are adding hearing transcripts for five additional Congresses: 110th, 111th, 112th, 113th and 114th Congresses.
You will now also be able to access links to hearings from the All Actions tab on Legislation.
In addition, we are excited to be adding the ReadSpeaker function to the Congressional Record Daily Digest for users. You will be able to listen to the Daily Digest back to the 104th Congress. You can download this audio file as well and save it for listening at your convenience.
Enhancement – Congressional Record – ReadSpeaker
- Download an audio file to listen to the Congressional Record Daily Digest at your convenience.
Enhancement – Legislation – Links to Hearings
- Links to printed hearing transcripts are available from the All Actions tab on Legislation.
Enhancement – Legislation – Search Results
- Sort order for search results from the Legislation homepage search form defaults to Date of Introduction – Newest to Oldest.
- Use the Sort by dropdown to change the sort order.
Enhancement – Committee Meetings – Search
- Witness organization and position are searched from the search bar.
- Use witnessOrganization: and witnessPosition: field labels from command line.
Enhancement – Congressional Record – Links
Congressional Record references to Senate executive communications link to the communications.
September 30 marks the end of the government’s fiscal year. You can access the Appropriation Status Table from the Congress.gov homepage for information on a current year’s funding as well as links to congressional committee reports on the bills and House and Senate votes. The table also includes historic data back to Fiscal Year 1999.
These are the most-viewed bills for the week of September 21, 2020. All of these bills are from the 116th Congress.
|1.||H.R.6800||The Heroes Act|
|3.||H.R.2574||Equity and Inclusion Enforcement Act of 2019|
|4.||H.Res.908||Condemning all forms of anti-Asian sentiment as related to COVID-19|
|5.||S.3571||Banking for All Act|
|7.||H.R.6666||COVID-19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act|
|8.||S.2227||MORE Act of 2019|
|9.||H.R.3884||Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act of 2019|
|10.||H.R.2694||Pregnant Workers Fairness Act|