One of the behind-the-scenes items that we worked on for the latest release was to prepare Congress.gov for the new 117th Congress. We also have been working to make our saved search alerts even more helpful for you. We have added the ability to bundle your various saved search alerts into one consolidated email. Just check the box for “Consolidate my saved search alerts into one email.”
New – Saved Search Alerts – Consolidated Email
- Login to your account, go to your Alerts page and check the box to receive one email that includes all of your saved search alerts.
Enhancement – Legislation – Text File Size
- The size of each bill or resolution text file is displayed next to the XML/HTML, XML/HTML (new window), TXT and PDF links on the text tab to help you understand why a text may be slow to load in your browser.
Below is the annual list of the most-viewed bills for the year on Congress.gov – this time we are listing the top 20. All items are from the 116th Congress. For the most-viewed items from previous years see the 13 in 2013, 14 in 2014, 15 in 2015, 16 in 2016, 17 in 2017, 18 in 2018, and 19 in 2019. I added the latest action from the status of legislation tracker for each item in brackets after the title.
- H.R.6666 – COVID-19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act [Introduced]
- H.R.748 – CARES Act [Became Law]
- H.R.6201 – Families First Coronavirus Response Act [Became Law]
- H.R.5717 – Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020 [Introduced]
- S.3548 – CARES Act [Introduced]
- H.R.6800 – The Heroes Act [Passed House]
- H.R.5383 – New Way Forward Act [Introduced]
- H.R.6074 – Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020 [Became Law]
- S.311 – Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act [Introduced]
- S.3398 – EARN IT Act of 2020 [Introduced]
- H.R.7010 – Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 [Became Law]
- H.R.3884 – MORE Act of 2020 [Passed House]
- S.386 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019 [Introduced]
- H.R.1044 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2020 [Passed Senate]
- S.3422 – Great American Outdoors Act [Introduced]
- S.1790 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 [Became Law]
- H.R.1865 – Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020 [Became Law]
- S.893 – Secure 5G and Beyond Act of 2020 [Became Law]
- H.R.6496 – Emergency Money for the People Act [Introduced]
- H.R.5 – Equality Act [Passed House]
Thank you all for using Congress.gov in 2020. Please continue to share the enhancements that you would like to see on Congress.gov by leaving a comment below or sharing your feedback.