Earlier this month, Margaret highlighted an enhancement to Member pages on Congress.gov – users can directly access their member’s contact information in Congress.gov simply by clicking on the Contact link on a member’s page.
We have a variety of further new enhancements for you this month. Congress.gov allows you to download your search results when you search a single data collection, such as legislation. Based on user feedback, we have now increased the download limit to 5,000 results! With this release, you will also find a new page for bills that have been presented to the president that is linked from the Congress.gov browse page. Finally, on the homepage under the “Recent” heading, the links “Bill Texts” and “Presented to the President” now display the total items associated with each respective link. Please find the complete list of enhancements below.
Major Enhancement – Download Search Results
- The number of search results you can download has increased from 1,000 to 5,000 items.
- For legislation searches, you can choose which elements you want to include in your download. Choose among title, amends bill (for amendments), sponsor, date, number of cosponsors, cosponsors (names of all cosponsors), committees, latest action and date, subjects, related bills and latest summary.
- Learn more at Download Search Results.
Enhancement – Presented to President – Browse
- Use the “Presented to President” link under the Recent section on the homepage to go to a list of bills and joint resolutions that have been passed by both the House and Senate, enrolled and presented to the President for signature, but which have not yet been signed or vetoed by the President.
- You can sort the list by date or number.
- A measure no longer appears on the list after it has been signed or vetoed by the President.
The Federalist Papers is a series of 85 essays written by Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison between October 1787 and May 1788. They were published to urge New Yorkers to ratify the proposed United States Constitution. You can read the full text of The Federalist Papers on Congress.gov.
The following are the most-viewed bills for the week of May 15, 2022:
|1.||H.R.3755 [117th]||Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021|
|2.||S.3522 [117th]||Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022|
|3.||S.4132 [117th]||Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022|
|4.||H.R.4521 [117th]||United States Innovation and Competition Act of 2021|
|5.||H.R.903 [117th]||Rights for the Transportation Security Administration Workforce Act of 2021|
|6.||H.R.3617 [117th]||Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act|
|7.||H.R.3684 [117th]||Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act|
|8.||H.Res.57 [117th]||Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors.|
|9.||H.R.2471 [117th]||Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022|
|10.||H.R.7311 [117th]||Countering Malign Russian Activities in Africa Act|