{ subscribe_url:'//loc.gov/share/sites/library-of-congress-blogs/geography-and-maps.php', }

U.S. Bases in Thailand During the Vietnam War and Agent Orange

Over the years of this writer’s service at the Library of Congress, veterans and their families have sent me questions about maps that show the locations of U.S. forces in Thailand during the Vietnam War. Chief among the reasons that they have sought this information is because some American personnel were exposed to Agent Orange while serving in Thailand. Agent Orange is an herbicide that was used to defoliate the thick jungle in Vietnam and elsewhere in Southeast Asia, such as the Korean Demilitarized Zone. The intended result was to expose enemy forces who relied on the trees for cover. In Thailand, Agent Orange was used to clear the jungle around bases, as a means to enhance security. However, there was a terrible consequence: Exposure to Agent Orange resulted in cancer, birth defects, and other significant ailments. Public outcry and official investigations followed. In response to veterans and their families suffering from the effects of Agent Orange, the U.S. government makes a presumption of exposure for those who served on land in Vietnam for the purpose of filing a claim with the Veterans Administration. But in the case of veterans who served solely in Thailand, the Veterans Administration states: “To receive benefits for diseases associated with herbicide exposure, these Veterans must show on a factual basis that they were exposed to herbicides during their service as shown by evidence of daily work duties, performance evaluation reports, or other credible evidence.” This writer notes that the policy is source of debate, anger, and frustration for some American military veterans and their families. It should also be mentioned that the Veteran’s Administration outlines other situations where veterans may have been exposed to Agent Orange on their website.

Considering the amount of inquiry around this matter, finding official maps that offer highly-detailed depictions of the locations where Americans were based in Thailand and that were made during the Vietnam war has proven elusive, even at the Library of Congress. While trying to locate such materials, this author discovered an interesting map in the Geography and Map Division’s Titled Collection that shows the locations of U.S. military and civilian personnel located in Thailand during 1969. It includes, on its reverse, a map of American installations within the Thai capital of Bangkok. The division also holds a later edition of the map from 1972, which is not shown in this blog. Neither edition of the map appears to be widely distributed in libraries. Although this map does not provide enough detail to clearly illustrate the perimeter of any specific base, it does indicate how massive the American presence was in Thailand and helps to inform the scale of the related problem of Agent Orange exposure.

Another relevant source is a set of maps created by Army Map Service that is titled Thailand 1:50,000, Series L708, Edition-1. The set is held by the Geography and Map Division but does not appear in the library’s online catalog — a not so uncommon reality given the scope of the division’s some 5.5 million items. It has the call number of G8025 s50 .U5. The set, however, has a significant limitation: It was printed in 1960 and thus predates the arrival of most American military personnel to Thailand. While one can see the locations of Thai military facilities, absent are installations and perimeter defenses that may have been added later by American forces. Unlike the 1969 map mentioned above, the set is fairly distributed and is listed in twenty-one libraries, according to Worldcat.org. Information on the sheets is in both English and Thai. Cartographic information for the series was gathered from aerial photography conducted in the 1950s.

Before moving on to the 1969 map and example from the AMS 1:50,000 set, it is necessary to explain that the U.S. government viewed Thailand as a logical staging area for American forces because of its proximity to North and South Vietnam. Thailand also was buffered from the conflict zone by Laos and Cambodia, thereby making it safer for American personnel. With those factors in mind, the two governments reached a so-called gentleman’s agreement that permitted American forces to use Thai bases. A military map made in 1961 of Southeast Asia, which can be seen below, illustrates these points.

The 1969 map that was mentioned in the opening of the blog is titled U.S. Installations and Facilities in Thailand. The 652nd Topographic Engineer Battalion depicted the broad reach of American forces in Thailand, which can be seen below. This second edition was published by USARPAC (United States Army Pacific) on November 1, 1969. It is scaled at 1:1,562,500 and provides coverage for all of Thailand. The mapped data concerning American forces is broken down by color: Red symbols represent U.S Army installations and facilities that numbered 45; the blue U.S. Navy and Coast Guard installations that numbered 18; the green U.S. Air Force installations that numbered 28; and the brown “Joint and Others” locations that numbered 11. The latter group was composed of U.S. government civilian personnel, such as ambassadorial staff, intelligence analysts, contractors, and others. Of all the various branches of service, the USAF was the most active in combat operations. On the bottom of the map is a list of U.S. installations and facilities, broken down by service branch. The list also contains the UTM coordinates of the installations. On the reverse is a map titled U.S. Installations and Facilities, Bangkok, Thailand, 1 November, 1969. It shows that U.S. military and civilian personnel were located, largely, southwest of the Thai Royal Palace. Information is presented in a fashion similar to the front page.

The 652nd Topographic Engineers, U.S. Installations and Facilities in Thailand, 1972. From Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division Titled Collection, Thailand - Military (Subj.).

The 652nd Topographic Engineers, U.S. Installations and Facilities in Thailand, 1969. From Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division Titled Collection, Thailand – Military (Subj.).

From 1961 to 1975, the United States Air Force deployed aircraft throughout Thailand, and these planes were responsible for the majority of USAF air strikes over North Vietnam. The first base of operations for American forces was at Takhli Royal Thai Air force Base, which is located approximately 144 miles northwest of Bangkok. USAF fighter-bombers first arrived in late 1961. The base, predating the arrival of American forces, is depicted on the map Amphoe Ta Klhi, Sheet 5060 I, AMS Series L708, which is shown below. The base is situated in the upper left of the map. Facilities such as the control tower, headquarters, living quarters, and others are indicated, but the official perimeter of the base of is not clearly discernible. Other key bases for USAF operations included Korat, Ubon, U-Tapao, and Don Muang, and Udorn. Agent Orange was employed around many of these airfields and other U.S. installations in Thailand.

Army Map Service, Thailand 1:50,000 Series L708, Amphoe Ta Khli, Sheet 5061 I, 1960. From Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division Set Map Collection. G8025 s50 U5.

This writer hopes that these maps will help shed more light on this understudied facet of the Vietnam War; in addition, and no less important, raise awareness about American service personnel who were exposed to Agent Orange while in Thailand. Some stories about the impact of Agent Orange can be heard firsthand by way of the Library of Congress’ Veterans History Project, which contains interviews with Vietnam War veterans.

More information on this topic can be found in a book series titled Veterans and Agent Orange.

1. Dana Upshaw
    September 10, 2019 at 7:28 pm

I was stationed at Ubon RTAFB IN 1971/72 as a B57G maintenance crew chief. I learned of my exposure to Agent Orange on April 29, 2019…47 years after the fact. That knowledge helped me reconcile in my mind the illnesses and diseases I’ve suffered for the past 30 years.

Most discouraging was when I attempted to locate Veterans who served with me, the first five I researched had all died of otherwise presumption-of-service-connection diseases and illnesses before the VA ever conceded that toxic herbicides WERE used in Thailand. Their policy of claimants having to prove “duty on or near the perimeter” is flawed as it does not allow for any possibility that the toxic dioxin contaminants spread throughout the bases by vehicle and foot traffic, atmospheric natural winds and turbulence created by aircraft and helicopters, munitions movements, dust storms, animals, flowing ground waters after rain storms, etc.

Do not be fooled by lack of public attention or the passage of time! The bottom line remains that no matter the location or mission, YOUR military members served 24/7/365 in toxic environments and now have to fight the VA for benefits! And that is absolutely not right!

2. Gerard Lager
    September 19, 2019 at 3:41 pm

I served in Ubon Air force base late 70-71 as a mechanic.

3. William Bobbitt
    September 20, 2019 at 1:49 pm

I served at Ubon, 72-73 on the line in security forces. I have suffered diabetes, and a rare skin disease Bullous pemphigoid. It’s nasty with blisters and incurable. I am not getting timely reembursement of meds under FOREIGN MEDICAL PROGRAM. I live in Bangkok but not much longer I am so sick. God bless

4. j mack wilson
    September 21, 2019 at 1:11 pm

I served with usaf at korat rtafb 6/69-7/70 with tdy to numerous other bases in Thailand and Vietnam. medical complications ever since. may 2019 filed with va but never connected service with all these complications and now have to prove everything is service connected.

5. John L Farmer
    September 21, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Served in Ubon RTAFB from1/6/72 to1/6/73 sensor shop and Security Police Augmentee. Developed a nonexploding module for sensor security that saved countless F4 delivery aircraft. Also defended the base March15/16 overnight attack by NV soldiers setting up a mortar as a diversion signal to the others that were to attack through the main gate. The mortars never got off. I shot all four involved in that my SP’s M16 was jammed and I had a half clip of twenty bullets used 9 to kill all four, the Thai army took care of the NV soldiers in town. Jailing some who died there days later.

6. gary e mcevilla
    September 24, 2019 at 4:19 am

7. gary e mcevilla
    September 24, 2019 at 4:22 am

no mention anywhere of U.S. marines at airbase in namI liphong , Thailand. Better known as “the Rose Garden. we lived in tents, waited for rain to shower and ate c-rats until the seabees came. The base was surrounded by jungle. There were canine units there. Marines were secuity for the 9th marines out of danang and those that left from okinawa. called era vets same as those living home every day in the states. Classified the same. Its a dishonor and flagrant insult.

8. D lashay
    September 24, 2019 at 10:58 pm

Any one in Udorn around 1971? I am trying to find out what they sprayied the antenna field with to keep the weeds down. Does anyone know or remember how clean the camp was from weeds.

9. stover, jack
    September 27, 2019 at 2:11 pm

I was stationed at Takhli RTAFB from jan 1969 to jan 1970 as an ECM repairman on EB-66 AC. would like any info from fellow airmen about agent orange. *personal information removed per policy*

10. Jerry bruns
    October 2, 2019 at 7:29 am

To jack stover. I was at Takhli from June 1969 to June 1970. Worked on the trim pad. Would like to contact you.

11. Kearny, Pat
    October 6, 2019 at 10:42 pm

I was stationed at Korat from Jan 1975 to June 1975. An EWO on AC-130s A&H Models. Crewed a Spectre on Mayaguez recovery. Would like to contact fellow airmen stationed at Korat during that period.

12. Marcus E Parsons
    October 9, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I was in UDORN in 1969 to 1970 as an RF4c Mechanic. When we arrived at UDORN we were told that we would probably be sent to AUGMENTEE duty for 30 days to help the SECURITY POLICE to help guard the base PERIMETER. They were UNDERMANNED. There had been an attack in 1968 and they sprayed the base perimeter with AGENT ORANGE as a result. Well I got called up and guarded the base perimeter. I have since developed NON HODGKINS LYMPHOMA STAGE 3 CANCER a VA PRESUMED AQUIRED DESEASE from exposure to AGENT ORANGE. I have since applied for compensation been turned down because the VA says there is no record of me serving as an AUGMENTEE on the BASE PERIMETER. I have heard of other guys having missing records from military. I have been trying for 3 years to get COMPENSATION with NO GO from the VA. Can you help what do you guys think pretty sorry.

13. ROBERT CHATMAN
    October 13, 2019 at 2:51 pm

i WAS IN THE ARMY IN THAILAND FROM 1967/68 AND WAS STATION IN KORAT, UDON, AND BANGKOK AND HAVE BEEN DENIED DISABILITY FOR AGENT ORANGE . ANY ONE BELIEVE
    THEY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO AGENT ORANGE AND HAVE BEEN DENIED DISABILITY BENEFITS PLEASE CONTACT ME

14. Paul Crosby
    October 19, 2019 at 1:36 pm

To Pat Kearny
    I was stationed at Korat from December 1974 until October 1975. I worked in the ECM shop.

15. T D Williams II
    October 20, 2019 at 2:32 pm

I was stationed at Udorn in 1967. I worked our normal 7 day 12hour shift. I was an aircraft Mech and was in the 606 Air Commando Squadron. We worked on the Air America ramp next to the F102 run up area next to the deflector barrier. Lived in the old barracks with no windows just screen. I am quite sure we did everything thing but devour agent with our daily meals and duties. Va working on claim currently on appeal. Don’t give up keep fighting for our rights and benefits.

16. John Sweet
    October 22, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Do your homework before writing articles. Nakhon Phanom was a front line base during the Secret War yet you don’t mention it. Guys who were there as well as Laos and Cambodia do not have coverage over A O. We all raised our hands and went where they sent us but now they force a division between us and wait for us to just die. Stage 7 prostate cancer myself along with three auto immune diseases. Oh I guess I forgot to mention exposure to A O increases your chances of developing autoimmune diseases by a factor of several hundred thousand. Of course you would have trouble finding that information in the physicians reports submitted to Congress on A O since that paragraph was stricken by CONGRESS from the report. But I found it. The whole affair is a travesty of justice without honor for our service.

• Ryan Moore
      October 22, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Hello John,

Thank you for your comment and your service. Nakhon Phanom is on the map titled U.S. Installations and Facilities in Thailand by the 652nd Topographic Engineer Battalion. It also is listed on the map’s index under Army bases, which appears in red.

Ryan Moore
      Library of Congress

17. Jack Gagnon
    October 28, 2019 at 3:55 pm

Was stationed at Takhli RTAFB from May 68 to May 69. Took 13 yrs to get VA to accept AO claim. Most of us young airmen were required to train for and deployed to perimeter as part of base security. Using that argument and other documents, BVA ruled in my favor and Ordered VA to rethink their denial for all those years. Still took a year, but rating was finally approved.

18. Bud Snyder
    November 15, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I was stationed at Utapao May 68 to Jan 69. The pol tank farm 16 hours on night shift. Fenced in compound back fence the base perimeter. I was approved for AO exposure. Ischemic heart disease and diabetes. Claim approved the first submission. I had pictures of my duty section with no vegetation and an identical picture I took 37 years later tank farm covered in vegetation.

19. Bill Ritzman
    November 19, 2019 at 10:11 pm

I was stationed at Ubon Jun 70 to Jun 71 with the 408th MMS. I performed a variety of duties (assembled bombs – including laser guided – worked at the bomb dump as well as the bomb/flare/rocket build-up areas at a fenced-in perimeter location, and delivered various munitions to F4’s on the flight line as well as flares and 20mm rounds to AC130 Spectre aircraft). Although I have acquired a variety of medical ailments over the years (heart issues, type 2 diabetes), I don’t believe I had significant AO exposure related to my duties there, based on my reading of this. Years ago I enrolled in the Pennsylvania vets agent orange program (I assumed there was no exposure in Thailand but was TDY with the 366th MMS in Da Nang for a short period in 70, but again, I don’t believe I had exposure to AO in that setting either). This is the first I have heard about possible AO exposure in Thailand for some who served there, depending on their MOS / AFSC, or requirements to work perimeters. Thanks for your work on this Ryan.

20. Tom Muscanell
    November 30, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Stationed at Takhli and Korat Thailand from May 1970 to May 1972. Been trying to get the VA to approve my Parkinsons. Any help will be appreciated.

21. Bob McDonnel
    December 1, 2019 at 7:11 pm

I was in the Air Force in Thailand from May 66 to May 67. Stationed at Don Mong for short time, then on to Takhli and Phitsanoluk. I worked Hill 260 at Takhli. I was in the 1890 Comm. Sqdrn.

22. Randy King
    December 9, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Kearny Pat
    I was stationed at Korat at that time period. I might have worked on those gun ships. I was an aircraft painter.
    Hope to hear from you.

23. Kenneth G. Reese
    December 9, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Stationed at NKP Thailand 67-68, worked at Task Force Alpha, located out from the base in the jungle. I have been diagnosed with Ischemic Heart Disease (two heart-attacks). Applied in 2015 for Compensation according to the Presumable VA list, and was denied “not service connected”. Appealed and was denied again “not service connected”. Awaiting a board review if I am around that long. Thank you all for your service as we were young and naïve men fighting for our country.

24. Heinze, David Michael
    December 10, 2019 at 12:26 pm

I served in USAF at Korat RTAB 73-74 with 388th Fighter Wing MOS 461 Munitions. I know I was exposed to Agent Orange sprayed around Hooches, perimeter road and everywhere else they wanted to kill vegetation. Now suffer nerve damage, terrible neuropathy and diabetes so far. Still waiting for service connection.

25. Larry Owen
    December 10, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Was stationed at NKP in ’67, 68. Have an ischemic heart problem which resulted in a massive heart attack. Attribute that to agent orange exposure while on NKP and while at Pleiku, Vietnam. VA has denied a claim.

26. Gary Smith
    December 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm

I was stationed at Ubon Aug 64 to Aug 65. We had
    Squadrons of F4C’s, the coolest plane ever.
    I was a communications specialist. I knew where our fighters
    we’re bombing before they did.

27. leroy paluch
    December 12, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Bud Snyder: Any info/maps showing the location/flightline of the US NAVY P3 patrol squadron detachment
    location at U-Tapao. Several trailers congregated together and aircraft parking ramp. We stayed in concrete barracks. Traveled down to the beach for burgers, etc., at the snack bar,and out the gates to town (Newland). Any of that traveling in or near perimeter spray or drift zone? Trying to establish VA claim but not successful establishing perimeter location exposure.
    Thanks

28. Gary
    December 16, 2019 at 3:52 pm

Was stationed in Udorn July 73 July 74 621 TACC NS, any help on finding Agent orange use during that time.

29. Liz. Lauden
    December 29, 2019 at 7:09 pm

30. Liz. Lauden
    December 29, 2019 at 7:12 pm

My husband served in the marine stationed in Udorn Thiland in 1962. I’v been trying to get VA benefits for myself since my husband has passed away 2 1/2 years go.VA has repeatedly denied me. He ha all the diabetis, two open heart surgeries and parkensons. Most of hi records were blacked out.

31. Liz. Lauden
    December 29, 2019 at 7:17 pm

My husband served in the marine stationed in Udorn Thiland in 1962. I’v been trying to get VA benefits for myself since my husband has passed away 2 1/2 years go.VA has repeatedly denied me. He ha all the diabetis, two open heart surgeries and parkensons. Most of records were blacked out.what do they want from me that they are not telling me. What don’t they want me to know?

32. Michael Everett
    January 1, 2020 at 11:18 am

I was at Utapao in 1967 as part of a detachment from USN patrol squadron 46. Haven’t had any luck finding maps showing our location on the base. I know there was jungle very near where we were located. Haven’t had any currently recognized AO related ailments. I do believe that some health issues I have may be AO related.

33. Chris Russo
    January 2, 2020 at 1:54 pm

There is a Facebook group that I have found very helpful. My father was stationed at Takhli from Jul 69-Jul 70. First claim denied. Working on his 2nd now.

34. Donald Halstead
    January 5, 2020 at 8:59 pm

I was at Udorn ,Thailand Oct 73 to Oct 74 as a RF-4C crewchief lived off base just off base. Found out had stage 2 diabetes and had a few surgeries to take tumors off. I showered from old tanks the mommasoms had no.idea where water came from.but got infections . Not sure if agent orange services in water but I heard it doesn’t go away have tried to get claim but getting denied.

35. Richard McElmurry
    January 6, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Stationed at Ubon RTAFB Thaiand, early 70’s during the Vietnam war. Fire Control Specialist on AC-130A/AC-130H Gunships. In 2011 diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. VA wants to deny my claim of exposure to Agent Orange present there and my exposure being the cause of this disease and disability. I am still trying to fight this though. I gave a year of my life to do my part in support of the war, and the VA does not seem to think my disease and disability is the Government’s concern.

36. Reuben Bravo
    January 9, 2020 at 9:20 pm

I was stationed at Korat, Thailand in 1970-71. I was stationed at Camp Friendship 7Nth Main. Bn. Would like to correspond with anyone that was there during that time period. I have been denied any benefits for Agent Orange and my health is failing loosing my motor skills and quality of life. Any suggestions would help.

37. Allen Williams
    January 13, 2020 at 11:15 am

I was at Tahkli, Thailand in 1973 for one of many TDY’s from the C-130 Wing at Dyess AFB in Abilene, Tx. I was only on the ground for 8 days with my C-130, and I remember walking each day thru tall weeds between my barracks and the flightline. Is there any chance I was exposed to Agent Orange? I have really bad peripheral neuropathy, high blood pressure, and many other health issues. These problems didn’t occur until years later after I got out of the Air Force in 1980.

38. Joseph S Marks
    January 20, 2020 at 2:33 pm

I was TDY to Utapao AB in 1968. Due to my duties while I was there I was in and out of the jungle, plus I stayed in a hooch that had a wooden board walkway to the latrine. I was surrounded with dirt and mud as the base was still under construction. The only pavement was where they parked the Bombers and Tankers and the runway. I had been healthy up until 1978 when I started to get all kind of health issues. I came down with type II Diabetes and then in 2006 I was diagnosed with Hairy cell Leukemia. After fighting the VA for 7 years I finally received 100% disability. I had to enlist the aid of my Congressman because up to then the VA kept rejecting my claims. Also when President Trump took office he made a big difference how the VA treated us Veterans.I will tell you not to give up and study up on how to file a claim. Be patient however the system is much better now but don’t be afraid to contact your Congressman as it really speeds up the process. Don’t give up we served our country but didn’t know that we would be sprayed and betrayed.

39. Joel Maddeaux
    January 22, 2020 at 7:04 pm

I was a jet mechanic at Ubon from 1969 -1970. I lived on the perimeter road where the Pathit Lao sappers broke through. that was a hectic night as i was on CQ that night.I submitted written and photo evidence to that fact.. I also worked on the flight line working on the AC-130’s but the VA didn’t care one bit.. yesterday i received my summery of case with a flat denial on my second appeal.. I am so sick and tired of this mess.My CAD is getting much worse now..

40. Stephen Lawson
    January 23, 2020 at 9:46 am

I was in the airforce 1971 to 1975. I was TDY to Utapoa NKP Tahki 72-73. Then again in 74 75 for 8 months at Utapao for the cambodian air lift.I joined the navy in 76 and started having sever head aches that resulted in nerological problems.Brain damage.

41. Stephen Lawson
    January 23, 2020 at 9:49 am

I was in the airforce 1971 to 1975. I was TDY to Utapoa NKP Tahki 72-73. Then again in 74 75 for 8 months at Utapao for the cambodian air lift.I joined the navy in 76 and started having sever head aches that resulted in nerological problems and brain damage.

42. Blaine Plascove
    January 25, 2020 at 5:27 pm

I’m trying to help my mother get benefits resulting from my father’s death. I am sure his ailments were as a result of AO while in Thailand 68-69. He stationed at Ubon but spent time in the field and at Udon. At one point, he was picked up by the Jolly Green Giants. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

43. Franklin Daniel
    January 28, 2020 at 7:57 pm

I’m researching for my husband who was stationed at Camp America (officially may have been Camp Falong) 67-68. He worked as supply clerk for 809th infantry division, a construction detachment. Just diagnosed with multiple myeloma haven’t filed claim yet. Base perimeter was barbed wire fence. Anybody stationed there? Have a successful claim? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

44. William Brinkley
    February 13, 2020 at 12:12 am

I was stateioned at NKP, Thailand and on my Discharge Physical in 1971, it was determined that I had a HEART MURMUR which was NOT present when I enlisted. I filed for Service Connected Disability immediately upon my return and was DENIED. That was 1971, It is now Feb. 2020 and in the meantime,
    I have had an ABLATION and TWO (2) Defibrillator Implants; Hearing loss; Glaucoma, plus radiation treatment for PROSTATE CANCER.I later learned that planes from my Thai Base were taking off with Agent Orange.
    Finally, today, 02-12-2020, I spoke with an ADVISOR at the Federal Bldg in WLA and felt good about what he told me. The record shows I filed on 02-25-1971. But my Rabbi, has already received his disability rating and we were stationed at the same location and we were all around the base and community.
    I PRAY that 2020 will be a fruitful year.

45. Ray Reid
    February 13, 2020 at 8:48 am

I was at NKP Mar 1970 – Aug 1971. Claim for disability is currently at BVA awaiting a decision. I have document from 56th CES at NKP showing that the perimeter was sprayed in 1971. Also document stating that base commanders were at liberty to use herbicides anywhere within the base perimeter. No approval from higher authority was needed. Also many of us flew from US and landed in Vietnam for aircraft refueling enroute to Thailand. We had to disembark in Vietnam for the refueling. BVA has recognized that this qualifies as “boots on the ground in Vietnam” and qualifies for presumptive exposure. Here is hoping we all get positive results from VA.

46. Curtis Gardner
    February 13, 2020 at 11:57 pm

I was in the Army and sent from Okinawa Japan to Sattahip Thialand (TDY) in support of operation Babylift in 1975. I worked at the Vayama ammunition Depot during my tour of duty. Agent orange was used at the Depot to clear vegetation around the ammunition storage areas and fence line. There was a large storage area in the Depot where drums of agent were being stored. I have prostate cancer and I have provided proof that I was there and is still awaiting a decision. The proof of my services there was the passport the US Army issued me for that mission.

47. William Parisher
    February 20, 2020 at 5:22 pm

I was stationed at Utapoa from Dec74 to Dec75 as a special purpose vehicle mechanic. We spent many hours weekly on the permimeter road recovering M113 and M706 APC broken or mired in mud. Did a three month TDY back and forth to Phnom Penh for the airlift. During my TDY, we were at the perimeter of Utapao daily with the aircraft preparing for each trip and return. Even did a day trip to Vietnam to repair and load 25k loaders on a C141 before the fall of Saigon. So far all claims been denied over the last 20 years ….Hypertension, Diabetes II, Liver and skin cancer, Cardiac ablation (2002), etc.

48. Ann Myers
    February 25, 2020 at 10:27 am

My husband served with the USAF from November 1966-October 1967 and was stationed at Takhli. He passed away from lung cancer in October of 2015. I am at this site because I believe his cancer may have been caused by agent orange and need to know how to proceed.

49. Kathleen G Gatti
    February 27, 2020 at 12:39 pm

My husband served at the Korat air base in 1970. He worked as a computer repairman for a large computer which he has said for many years was within feet of the boundary. He has Parkinson’s now and I need more information. He now has memory problems. If anyone knows the location of this computer system please contact me.

50. JOHN BOYD
    March 1, 2020 at 11:52 pm

HI , FROM OZ ,[ DOWN UNDER]. ANY ONE STATIONED OR KNOW ANYONE , AT US ARMY TROPO , SCATTER SITE COMPOUND , ABOUT 12 MILES NOTH OF KHON KAEN , NE THAILAND FEB–APRIL 1968, IT WAS . IWCS TERMINAL , JOINTLY MANNED BY US ARMY AND PHILCO FORD CONTRACTORS . THE OIC IN CHARGE WAS , WAYNE L COTTRELL. SSG E6, NCOIC KHON KAEN. ANY IN FO WOULD BE GLADLY RECEIVED , JOHN BOYD . EX CPL, 594 SIG TROOP , 2 SIG REGIMENT ADF.[AUST ARMY SIGNAL CORP. ] THANKS.

51. Walter Pentz
    March 3, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Assigned to Army medical laboratory near perimeter of Korat AFB in1969.my recollection was that is was located near the perimeter. On at least one occasion we
    we’re issued M-14 rifles, and spent the night in a field on guard duty.

How do I get map of the base to substantiate my claim?

52. Edward Fake
    March 4, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Guys, get a VFW service officer to assist you. I have gotten 3 Thailand vets approved and am working on 3 more. Google Dept of the Army FM 3-3, Dec 1971. It shows Tactical Employment of Herbicides, and near the back it shows a 500 yard kill zone from the sprayed area. I found maps of the Thai bases on line, had the vet mark where he was at on base, and how close it was to the perimeter, and the claims have been approved. Not all of them, but I am still working on the appeals.

53. Robert Dougan
    March 10, 2020 at 12:35 am

I was flying combat missions out of Utapao in 1970/71. Agent orange was sprayed on us while doing a preflight inspection. I have diabetes, had prostate cancer, heart disease requiring open heart surgery and a brain tumor. The VA telks me nothing is service connected except the diabetes. Have fun fighting the system

54. Robert Dougan
    March 10, 2020 at 12:43 am

I was exposed to agent orange at utapao thailand in 1970/71. I was in crew 9 VP17 US Navy.I need help from anyone who had a similar experience.

55. Kenny Mills
    March 10, 2020 at 6:53 pm

I was stationed at Udorn March 1970 -March 1971 working on RF4C’s with the 14th TFS. We on a regular basis ran our engines on the trim pad down by the perimeter. I noticed some people spraying in that area and ask if they were spraying for mosquito’s , and was told yes with some new stuff called AGENT ORANGE! I wondered why it didn’t work on the mosquito’s.

56. Bill dennison
    March 13, 2020 at 8:41 pm

Served campfrindship 1967-68. Our area was not declassified till 2010. Still fighting agentorange heart surgery 2007.

57. Alberto Malave
    March 14, 2020 at 9:00 pm

I was stationed at Korat RTAFB 1974-1976 worked A7Ds, F-4s, and AC-130 Gunships.

58. Alberto Malave
    March 14, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Stationed at Korat RTAFB from 1974 – 1976. Worked on A7Ds, F-4s and AC-130 Gunships. I’m a diabetic, have thyroid issues. Have had skin problems plus. Yes…if you were at Korat you were always in the perimeter. Whether you were working F-4s at the trim pad or working AC-130 Gunships at the other end of the ramp on the perimeter

59. Reynaldo Duran
    March 15, 2020 at 6:11 am

I was stationed at Ubon RTAFB in Feb. 1967 and did TDY to Korat RTAFB for 180 days returned to state side Feb. 1968. I work on J-79 in Ubon and J-75 in Korat, F-4C and F-105. I would like to get in touch with veterans that were stationed at these two bases. I need photos showing proximity of engine shop at Ubon. I also served as augumentation duty at Ubon any help on this will be highly appreciated.

60. Glen Waugh
    March 16, 2020 at 7:00 pm

I was TDY to KRTAB from Apr72-Sep72 during Linebacker 1. I’ve had progressive peripheral neuropathy not experienced by other family members, since at least the early 90’s, which recently required amputations. The DVA has been tone deaf because I wasn’t an SP or CE.

61. Larry S Kolodey
    March 16, 2020 at 7:10 pm

I was at Don Mong in 67-68

62. Ed Erickson
    March 18, 2020 at 4:27 pm

Leroy Paluch, Michael Everett, Stephen Lawson
    I worked 6th APS SCOOT (Support Cambodia Out of Thailand) Dec73 to Oct74. The Navy P3 Orions operated off the same ramp as the C-130 SCOOT airlift. If you have a detailed map of UT, look to the south end of the runway for the aircraft ramp numbered 5060. I worked the “Hot Pad” just above this ramp and loaded C-130s on 5060. I have one picture taken in 1974 on 5060 showing a couple parked P3s. Ramp 5060 is entirely within the 500 meter drift zone.

63. Eldon toncrey
    March 30, 2020 at 3:25 am

I was stationed in namphong Thailand from 1973 to 1974 I was attached to the airwing and we supported the war from there. The base consisted of a mess hall houtches and the air strip and planes that were frequently flew missions I’m pretty sure that agent Orange was stored there and that the jungle was sprayed around the perimeter of the camp. I have type 2 diabetes and have had for quite a few years now. I am going to see a kidney specialist in June to see if they are going to take one of my kidneys are put me on dialysis or both if anyone has proof of agent orange at this location please let me know. We also took our r and r in Udorn. I am a former marine semper fi

64. Alfred Lynch
    April 4, 2020 at 9:36 pm

I was at Takhli in 1965-1966 working at a munitions storage area. I have had Diabetes for years and diagnosed with Gleason 6 Prostrate Cancer. I have stage 4 kidney disease as well. Any info about Takhli for this time period or prior to 1965 would be greatly appreciated.

65. John K Bailey
    April 10, 2020 at 7:40 pm

I was stationed at Korat 74-75 388 MMS 46250 weapons mech F4. Prostate cancer, ishemic heart disease, hypothyroidism. been denied 3 times

66. Steve Terlouwm
    April 12, 2020 at 12:44 pm

My dad was part of the 6010 wild weasles and was stationed in Takhli and Korat from July 70-July 71. He recently passed and was exposed to agent orange. If anyone would have known him please reach out. Merlin Terlouw

67. Barry Alonzo
    April 13, 2020 at 6:40 pm

My first base assignment after tech school was Eglin assigned to the 33rd TFW, MMS. Was there two weeks and went TDY to Udorn, after arriving was told to report to the preload shop where I worked nights for duration there . Looking for anyone who was there because you walk out revetment and the perimeter fence was across the street and had a bunker on the corner of the road going to the bomb dump. After coming home, 7 months later went to Ubon TDY with the 33rd. Trying to prove exposure to AO. Thank everyone for your service.

68. Bob Berry
    April 14, 2020 at 10:50 pm

I am a Vietnam vet 68-69 and asking for a friend of mine who was in Udorn from 71-72. he was in Vietnam for one week in Bien Hoa at the end of April 71 and he is looking for anyone who may have possibly been there as well.

69. Paul Smith
    April 16, 2020 at 12:32 pm

Hi
    I was stationed at U-Tapao from January 1970 through December 1970. Assigned to the 635 combat support group
    I was in Life Support, maintained all equipment used by pilots. I was on the flight line every night, B52 s.
    Developed prostrate cancer and didn’t know I could file a claim!
    Well I did in 2018 and I’m still fighting for it. Having trouble proving I had perimeter guard duty! I know I did it, I remember how dark it was out there at night. Couldn’t your hand in front of your face! Is there anyone out there that has the same experience??
    Service officers tell me different things.
    Any advice is appreciated.

70. Bob Mossman
    April 18, 2020 at 11:28 pm

Served at Ubon Aug. 1971 to Aug. 1972 and Korat Jan. 1973 to June, 1973. Often worked End of runway

71. Eleanor Minkwitz
    April 22, 2020 at 5:39 pm

I lost my husband, also a Vietnam vet, who served in Saigon and in Thailand, who for years ignored symptoms, playing ostrich–when he felt lousy, which was about most of the time, he’d say, it’s just my allergies. Well, March 26 of 2020 he died suddenly of a heart attack, he had recovered, we thought, from a major stroke in November of 2019. The Cardiologist said the stroke was caused by atrial fibrillation of his heart, then the lower chambers gave out. He was 72, far too young to die!

72. Jieranai Maier
    April 23, 2020 at 3:51 pm

My husband (Arthur Maier) and I worked for Philco Ford in Bangkok, Thailand from 1967 to 1969. My husband also worked in Korat for about 9 months. I was searching for information about Philco Ford in Bangkok. (My mother also works for Philco Tech-Rep Division for several years.
    Thank you for all this great blog. I discovered so much information that never knew about before.

73. Jieranai (Chitsawang) Maier
    April 23, 2020 at 4:05 pm

My husband (Arthur) worked in Bangkok, Thailand for Philco-Ford Communications and Satellite Division from 1967 to 1969. My husband also worked in Korat for about 9 months teaching at Korat Technical College. My mother worked for Philco Tech-Reps Division from 1966 to 1970. was searching for information about Philco-Ford in Thailand and came across this blog. Thank you so much great information that I’ve never known about.

74. Craig Douglas Joley
    April 24, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Serviced at Camp Friendship 1970 – 1971 442nd Signal(microwave tech) on the perimeter of Friendship and Korat AFB. I have a very rare blood disorder and have to take very strong meds to survive, I remember asking the guys what they were spraying all over the compound and the answer was for bugs!!! Well we all know differently now. I have been turned down by the VA two times now, and have retained an attorney. What they did to everyone is terrible and not just. Like to hear from anyone from Camp Friendship.

75. Raymond Phillips
    April 24, 2020 at 10:18 pm

I was stationed at nkp Thailand May 1971 thru May 1972,SPS security. Towers,Bunkers m60. Suffer from heart disease, neuropathy, arthritis, diabetes, PTSD and recently stomach cancer near the esophagus.

76. Tom Bonacki
    April 26, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Stationed Udorn Apr 69 thru Apr 70.Worked control tower as air traffic controller.Had heart attack in 2012,,Ischemic heart disease is a covered ailment. Working thru a law firm for relief..the military guide says, among other things …”must prove exposed…or other credible evidence.” Other credible evidence might include not an MOS along perimeter fence,but assigned a barracks approx. 75′ from perimeter fence and required to sleep to be in shape to work 7 days/week..

77. Stephen N Wood
    April 28, 2020 at 9:52 am

I was stationed at NKP, Thailand from Feb. 70 to Feb., 71 was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2001, just got my Agent Orange benefits about 2 months ago. I was with the 601 Photo Squadron, if anyone else was in the unit or in NKP during that time you are more than welcome to Contact me… Thanks for your service and Welcome home…

78. Larry Gray Peters
    April 29, 2020 at 11:57 am

Jerry Bruns since you worked on the trim pad, can we talk about how close the pad was to the perimeter?
    Larry

79. Larry Gray Peters
    April 29, 2020 at 12:19 pm

Ann Myers, you need to file for DIC benefits.
    I would be happy to help you with that. I was not at Takhli but at U-Tapao.
    email me.

80. Kathleen Gatti
    May 1, 2020 at 7:22 am

I understand there were two places where they had computers on the Korat base. One was near or in the central supply. The other was a distance from the pooches within feet of the fence. I believe the later was for tracking flights. The guys who worked on this computer needed to get a bus or at later hours rides to their duty station. My husband still has his driver’s license because he was one of the drivers. Does anyone remember this? It would be helpful to us.

81. Gordon Clark
    May 2, 2020 at 4:13 pm

I was TDY at Udorn sometime between September 66 and December 67 as a radio repairman on the RF101c Voodoo. The Air Force literally flew me around the world from RAF Upper Heyford UK to repair one Voodoo in Udorn I worked on the jet on the flight line adjacent to perimeter. I was first diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2005. Ré diagnosed to Multiple System Atrophy in 2011 Does anyone recall specialists like me flown in for TDY on complex Voodoo repairs? There is no record of my TDY.

82. Ray Milligan /Sgt
    May 6, 2020 at 11:46 am

USAF 2 years in Danang,Phu-Chat,Vietnam,Ubon Thailand the Government could care less about our health problems take you Oxicodone and shut up, and that’s if they will even send it to you that’s Our Reward for going to war !

83. Dan Furches
    May 10, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Looking for NKP 71-72 that knows a Steve Furches . Located in NKP RTAFB in the 56th Field Maintenance Squadron.If you have info please contact me!

84. Dan Furches
    May 10, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Looking for info for my dad Steve Furches . NKP RTAFB 1971-1972 in the 56th FMS . Please contact me if you have info .

85. Jim Benson
    May 19, 2020 at 6:58 pm

I was at Ubon RTAFB, December 1969 – December 1970, 8th Combat Support Group (PACAF) 408th Munitions Maintenance Squadron (MMS).
    I was diagnosed with diabetes, hypertension, and prostate cancer in 2015 – no family history of any of these. My claim and 2 letters of appeal have been denied. Corroboration might help. Anyone willing to share photos or maps, etc?

86. Dave Munsey
    May 19, 2020 at 7:03 pm

I think we are a year or two away from a situation where the veterans who were based in Thailand will have a much easier road for their disability claim. Problem with that is a lot of the veterans won’t live that long.The VA is not our friend when it comes to disability claims and most of the reform has to be forced on them by Congress. I was based at Korat In 1969 and I have non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

87. Ron
    May 20, 2020 at 1:12 pm

I was at Udorn from 73-74. When I asked my local VA about this they said they knew noting about it and would not test me for exposure. As a supply sergeant, I was on the flight line and in the all the time. 20 years after I am dead they will figure it out that I should have at least been tested.

88. Robert Martinez
    May 25, 2020 at 3:56 pm

I was at NKP 1967-68 with the 56th Transportation Squadron. Exposed to AO, and diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2004, all claims submitted to VA were denied. Finally approved in 2017. Don’t give up.

89. Ron Pinther
    May 27, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Udorn 08/1970 to 07/1971 Looking for photos of Hospital tents for that time.

90. Phil Rodriguez
    May 31, 2020 at 10:57 am

I was at Takhli Jan 1966-1967. I was the fuels guy on Operation Limelight. Went to Yokota for a few weeks in Jan 1966. No place to stay at that time at Takhli. I worked at the tank farm on the perimeter of Takhli. We went through ~16 million gallons of JP-4 a month supporting with 80% of all fuel used in Southeast Asia for supporting 26 KC-135 tankers, 55 F-105’s, EB/RB-66’s based at Takhli. The majority of the fuel can from Bangkok in 3170 gallon trucks. Soaked many times due to failing couplings from trucks to tanks at this backward RTAFB.
    Fast forward, got non-hopkins lymphoma. VA disalowed the cause being agent orange because I was stationed in Thailand.

91. Robert Martinez
    May 31, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Any USAF personnel assigned to 56th Transportation Sq at NKP 1967-68 who was exposed to AO and suffering from the effects of that exposure?

92. Robert Calhoun
    June 9, 2020 at 1:53 pm

I was at Korat RTAFB from 11 May 1975-Feb 1976, with the 388th SPS, and it seemed I was always guarding the perimeter. I am aware the war cutoff was May 7, 1975, how does that work for me if I arrived on the 11th, and probably still got exposed to AO. After May 7th, I am sure they did not go out to the perimeter fences and do a massive AO cleanup. I suspect I may have diabetes, not sure yet, how will all this all come into play, will I have a claim? I would appreciate anyone’s input.

93. John Nuebel
    June 14, 2020 at 1:38 pm

TDY Korat from Myrtle Beach AFB SC Oct 72 Apr 73. Would like to make contact with Robert Calhoun 388 Security Police Squadron Korat. Need information about base perimeter for VA claim. Any other Security Police who worked the Korat perimeter please contact me. Greatly appreciate any information.

94. Robert J Gawrys
    June 20, 2020 at 9:46 pm

sp 4 Army stationed at Camp Friendship (Korat) 1967. Worked in the POL dump.

95. Terry W. Colvin
    June 25, 2020 at 9:58 am

FOR Craig Douglas Joley
    FOR Reuben Bravo

Craig and Reuben-

One source of help is the Facebook group “Agent Orange in Thailand”. Several members of that Group have went through similar difficulties in getting VA disability.

My email is fortean1 at mindspring.com .

96. Tom Dahl
    June 29, 2020 at 4:40 am

Camp Friendship from May of 1970 to December 1970, then Sattahip December 1970 to May of 1971. Assigned to 7th Maint Bn while in Koran. Developed soft tissue sarcoma from agent orange exposure. The company headquarters in Koran was right on the perimeter fence line so may have contacted it then. Either that or at Sattahip as our barracks was directly on the beach and we swam there for recreation. This area I have now learned was also sprayed. The VA has turned down my claim now three times. They claim agent orange was not used in Thailand which we know is a lie.

97. Robert Sowell
    July 1, 2020 at 7:38 pm

I served at Ubon RTAFB 1969-1970. I was a Security police augmentee I too was exposed. My original records were burned in a Saint Louis fire and my copies were lost during a flood. I do have a DD 214. I am 73 years old now and need to file for disability. However, I get discouraged from all the horror stories I’ve heard with claims being denied and don’t know who could help me file? I am the proud type of guy that didn’t want any government assistance but the older and poorer I get, I need to swallow the pride.

98. Thompson A. Holmes
    July 8, 2020 at 11:25 am

I served in the army at comm sites at Utapao Korat, and Hill 272 Sattahip. I came down with large cell B cell non hodgkins lymphoma and it damned near killed me. Surgey for tumor removal and repair of a broken humorus bone from the tumor., radiation, and 6 months of intensive high dose chemo. Nothing on my AO claim but denials based on them needing more specific site locations, proximity to perimeters which I provided on maps of the sites. Where do I get specific
    info on my precise site and barracks locations?

99. John Bemiss
    July 10, 2020 at 8:05 am

I was at Ubon 70-71 as a weapons loader 408th MMS. Our barracks were right on the perimeter. I have recurring skin cancers melanoma, basal, squamous cell cancer. I have applied for disability and sent the VA a whole packet supporting my exposure — denied twice VA will say yes I have a disability but I must get an outside doc to confirm it is AO related hell my dermatologist wasn’t even born in 70 VA doesn’t care about us Thailand vets they are just waiting for us all to die. Brothers in arms its all about the money they don’t want to admit we were exposed just like the Blue water navy and boots on the ground vets. Call me disgusted

100. D White
    July 15, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Stationed at Udorn 11/69 – 9/70. I was an aircraft mechanic/crew chief with 555TFS. Worked both flight line which included trips to do end of runway checks, which was on the perimeter of the base. During my stay the C-123 aircraft that sprayed the base, landed and were located just a stones throw from our flight line. Myself and a couple of other crew chiefs went over and boarded the 123’s to see how they worked. We were told they would be spraying around the base in the next couple days. Yes, Udorn was sprayed with Agent Orange, the exact date I do not have but I know they sprayed because when you entered the chow halls they had a note telling individuals to indoors from like 8 to 12 pm. It was no secret and the commanders knew as well as everyone else. Have I tried to get any compensation for heart problems or skin cancer or other problems, along with the fact that I spent 10 days in the hospital in Udorn for an unknown problem, NO. Why because unlike today’s veterans who get 100 % disability for a bum knew or anxiety everyone know the Vietnam Vet gets nothing. Good luck, when I die I hope they will remember what we did for our country. Probably not, they will just tear down all the monuments.

101. Sandra Uranga
    July 16, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I’m looking for information about Mukdahon AB Thailand from 1966-67. My husband was a Medical Service Specialist in the 621 TCSs. I can find very little regarding this base and their duties there. He had been fighting the VA for benefits since he was diagnosed with Type ll diabetes in 1999. He was denied. This progressed to bladder cancer,2 brain tumors, and a epitheliod sarcoma on his leg. He was denied for the cancer drugs he needed. He passed in 2013. I’m still fighting this and will not give up! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

102. Leslie A. Greenleaf, Jr.
    July 18, 2020 at 10:41 am

I served US Army 71-74 was Deployed to a small base north of Udon (CLASSIFIED) from Nov-72 to Nov-73 There were dead plants across much of the base not just the perimeter. The water in Thailand was undrinkable. We had a well and filtering plant for our water needs. I believe that during the rainy season the chemical Agent Orange filtered down to the water table and we ended up drinking small amounts every day in every meal and every shower we took absorbed some through our skin. I felt fine for years. Until 1986 after my second son was born I became Diabetic. And my Second and third sons both had Bladder Reflux which is a malformation of the bladder and it usually kills the infant before birth. (Both are doing fine now after surgeries)
    Over the years I became Diabetic, have issues with my thyroid, heart. kidneys, liver, bladder, my entire digestive system is affected. Have to be very careful of the foods I eat. I do believe that every Service Member who was Deployed to Thailand was affected in some fashion medically and health wise. Not just as Congress decided in it new regulations. They just do not want to part with the money. They show their contempt for those of us who Served this country during a time of a very unpopular war. My ex-wife divorced me because I could not explain my health issues to her. What is odd I met a widow who lost her Husband to Agent Orange. We dated and she Loves me And I her. A bright spot in my life.

103. Russell Williams
    July 22, 2020 at 9:56 am

KORAT ’67 &’68 – I have been diagnosed with diabetes type 2, kidney cancer, hbp, ischemic heart disease, elevated PSA (probable prostate cancer), copd – all claims denied – all presumptive agent orange – if you have been successful with any claims I need your help.

104. S Kent Turner
    July 25, 2020 at 7:37 pm

I served at Udorn RTAFB from SEP 69 thru AUG 70. I worked in the RAPCON and Control Tower as a 27250. I started with tremors in 2015 and saw Neurologists at the So. Nevada VA hospital. None of which would diagnose me but give me all sorts of drugs. I transferred to the VA clinic in St. George, UT. was referred to Civilian Neurologists and was diagnosed OCT 2019 with Parkinson’s. The Dr. advised me to make a claim with the VA. I did in DEC. I got notified this month my claim was denied. I agree with the #1 person on this blog! It’s all bullshit that Agent Orange just stays around the perimeter of the base! We served our country; they subjected us to bad toxins; then they reject our claims!

105. sherman kent turner
    July 25, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Why don’t all the comments show up here? I’m sure there are more than 100 people with problems the VA won’t respond to.

106. Harold McCormick
    July 27, 2020 at 10:05 am

Was stationed at Ubon from 1970 to 1971 working on Project Igloo White. TDY to Korat from Sept 72 until March 73 working on the Wild Weasels from McConnel.

107. Harold McCormick
    July 27, 2020 at 10:08 am

Ubon 1970 to 1971 working on Project Igloo White. Korat Sept 72 to March 73 working on the Wild Weasels.

108. Rod Gaudin
    July 28, 2020 at 3:57 pm

I was stationed at Camp Vayama, Sattahip, Thailand. 1967-1968. The VA has turned me down twice. I have Diabetes 2, Ischemic Heart Disease, Barretts Disease, Skin Cancers, Neuropathy,Pancreatic Cancer and arthritis. I am trying to file one more time. Looking for maps, testimonies on verification of being spayed with Agent Orange, or any help possible to prove my case. I am 75 years old and not sure how much time I have left. Thank you for any one that might be of help. Rod Gaudin (SPC 4 47th Infantry)

109. Thomas Pfeifer
    July 31, 2020 at 6:28 pm

Stationed with the 5th RRU Det D in Nung Sung Thailand , 1966, 67 U.S. Army lived in tents several miles from Udorn Airbase. Our Bgg case Camp was nothing but red dirt in summer months and red mud during rainy season. No grass or weeds inside nor outside perimeter. Surrounded by lush jungle and rice paddies. Always wondered why nothing grew at the camp.

110. Gary Noworatzky
    August 2, 2020 at 3:57 pm

stationed at Korat Airbase in 1973-1975 looking for a medic by the name Wayne Berry

111. Garth F Hopson
    August 2, 2020 at 7:23 pm

I served at Ubon RTAFB, 71-72, as an aircraft mechanic on B57G Night Intruders and F4 Phantoms. I, myself, have not suffered from exposure there, but several of my colleagues and good friends from that period have died from complications due to Agent Orange, and several others still fight the ongoing process of the exposure. I am fortunate, but many others haven’t faired as well.

112. william j pinto
    August 4, 2020 at 9:02 am

I was stationed Udorn RTAFB ’74-’75 Corrosion Control, flight line and beyond. Painted F-4s. Have heart problems,prostate problems, pre diabetes etc.who knows what else. WHOs the right VA do I CONNECT….

113. Norman Holloway
    August 10, 2020 at 5:03 pm

I was stationed at Utapao afb. from mid 69 to mid 70 worked in the base photo lab doing recon photo . I got assigned as a Augmentee to security police and r was on peremiter several times as well as in the jungle . I lived in a hootch not far from the flight line when air craft took off dust went every where . I the Va has told me they cna find no records of my assignment to security as a Agumentee I’m diabetic have neuropathy stomach issues and severe hearing loss va has given me 30% but denied my exposure to AO as they claim i was a Photographer. I’m still fighting them at 72 and going on about 8 years

114. Sandy
    August 11, 2020 at 1:54 pm

I’m looking for Frank Brown stationed at Ubon 72-73 he was dog handler for Rex4M83

115. Mark Newman
    August 12, 2020 at 4:38 pm

Robert Calhoun June 9 2020, if you have copies of your performance reports, take then to VFW, or American Legion. I work with American Legion. Ask to submit a claim. They will guide you on the process. Also, talk to VA about taking a Agent Orange Evaluation. Most importantly talk to a Veteran organization.

116. John Chandler
    August 13, 2020 at 10:39 am

I am looking for anyone who might have known a person who worked in the S-3 section at Korat AB , Camp Friendship in January 1967. His name was Robert Lewis . I have a picture of him an other people on a beach riding horses. He passed away on 08/06/2020. He was fighting with the VA about he could not prove he left the base while performing his duties. He leaves behind a wife and three grandchildren they were raising. If anyone remember him please contact me.

117. Gary Breyer
    August 13, 2020 at 8:42 pm

I was stationed at NKP from May of 66 to May of 67.
    I was an aircraft electrician, only 10 months in the air force when deployed. Would like to hear from other Airmen as to what exposure they have had and what medical conditions they have. The outer perimeter was sprayed with AO and I believe we started flying sorties to spray AO in Laos and Viet Nam. As Aircraft Electrical I was on the aircraft Going maintenance. I applied for disability for exposure and was turned down with the reason that AO was of no danger once it dried.
    We also had a breakout of Malaria and the fogged all through the hooch area every night, the dosage was stronger than what is legal in the USA.

118. John Hamby
    August 30, 2020 at 11:03 am

I was an F-4D crew chief at Union RTAFB from 1972-1973. Christmas campaign. Lived and jogged on perimeter everyday. Worked flight line and phase docks, at trim pad frequently. I’ve had one bout of squamous cell carcinoma. So far no recurrence. VA still won’t recognize AO exposure is my understanding. I had no idea of AO at Ubon.

119. John Hamby
    August 31, 2020 at 11:27 am

– Correction by poster.
    Ubon RTAFB. Not “Union”.

120. Jimmie alexander
    September 4, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Nkp June 67 June 68 munitions bomb dump special project seeding trails south with bomblets and sensors.ao used to clear diagnosed with prostate cancer.

121. David Swift
    September 6, 2020 at 9:18 pm

USAF Veteran Utapao RTNAB Thailand, two times 1973 and 74-75 . worked KC-135 and B-52D flight line phase on west side and Bomber run-up 0n the Eastside. Lived in the concrete barracks both tours and the same one both times 2257. believe it or not prostate cancer 2012 and kidney bladder cancer 2020. Both organs had to be removed because of their advanced nature at the time of discovery I am in legacy appeal with a docket number. we have H.R. 299 now and bill S-1381 that have since been passed into law to help out my fellow vets

122. Phillip Everson
    September 10, 2020 at 3:32 am

Was stationed at Camp Samae San Aug 73 to Oct 74 then Jan 75 till Jan 76, have my board hearing in 3 weeks,virtually, the first trip out of Travis flew nonstop to Saigon on chartered flight then after about 2 hours flew by C130 to UAFB. The way my research has shown, all servicemen that flew out of Travis AFB by commerical travel stopped in Viet Nam and had to get off plane for refueling, my case I switched planes to military aircraft. After about 5 months in Thailand we starting running 2 miles each morning, m-f and Camp Samae San was beautiful base but small, I am currently a disabled physician assistant, the congress in the last yr has submitted a house bill hr2201 and senate bill 1381, these bills are the same and would treat thai vets just like viet nam vets when it comes to agent orange, wish me luck, if i’m able to finally get what i deserve, i will be happy to help any of u all GOD bless America

123. Joseph White
    September 22, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Was stationed at Udorn 621st TCS from Feb ’69 to March ’70 Did a month as Security Police Augmentee. That should show my exposure but there were no written orders for that assignment. The VA asked for a buddy letter to prove my assignment. I supplied them one, and they still said no. There just waiting for us all to die off.

124. Larry S Kolodey
    October 4, 2020 at 2:05 pm

I was @ Don mong airforce base in 67 and 68. in communications

125. Joe St Romain
    October 5, 2020 at 12:45 am

I was stationed on Udorn AFB between June 1971 – June 1972. I have a lot of the presumptive conditions but was also denied compensation. I was told my illness are not connected to the military. I know people in other branches that were compensated under the “Boots on the ground” concept . They are requiring proof that I was exposed to agent orange. Still searching, so If anyone has some evidence. Please share. God Bless, and good luck on the benefit that you so deserve.

126. William T Herlston
    October 11, 2020 at 11:56 am

I served in USAF at Sagion Tan Son Nhut AFB in 1964,I worked in large tent about a 100 yrs from the pad where an C123 transport was maintained and I pasted by the plane twice a day if it not out spraying Agent Orange.The plane nose was named Old Patches because it fly low ans slow over the tree tops doing its mission.I remember men would stand in the back of a duce and quarter filling the planes tank with agent orange by using a hand pump from a 55 gal drums.I remember seeing the stuff over flow from the drums and pump onto the ground.These men wore no protective gear the fuseledge of the plane would covered from spraying runs.Back in the 60’s there were no Hazmat warning,and no one knew a lust green jungle one the day,a few days later dead.I remember taking Hughy out along the Makong river and both side of the river were dead seems like a mile on each side.The stuff really works.I my heart I feel those men are not with us today having working in those conitions.I was told Agent Orange was shipped to war in Cargo ships by the the thosands of drums.Udorn AFB was the same around the base on a fly in there.By now all those Airman are dead and I guess there still a need for more proof.

127. Ronetta Walters
    October 11, 2020 at 9:12 pm

Needs help please…. My dad was in Ubon and Udorn Thailand in 1964 and 1965. And Bangkok . We are trying to find out what squadron he was possibly in. He has a lot of health issues and can’t remember. How and where would I be able to find out about this.
    Thanks for any info

128. John (Dave) Erickson
    October 13, 2020 at 2:34 am

I was stationed at Udorn RTAFB in 1967-68 in the USAF. I was in Aerospace ground equipment repair (AGE). I served 30 days as an Air Police Augmentee. Luckily I had a copy of the orders for same and was approved for compensation last year (2019). I would not have been approved w/o the supporting paperwork. The date on the order is: 1/15/1968 and the other last names listed are:Fisher, Samson, Proctor, Mapano, Shively, Dyson, Sadler, Dorenzo, Gregory, Fountain. I still have the copy of the order if anybody needs it that is on the list.

129. John Meyer
    October 15, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Stationed at 442 Signal Battalion (LL) Warin Thailand in 1970 as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic.

130. PAUL D. SKINNER