{ subscribe_url:'/share/sites/library-of-congress-blogs/national-book-festival.php' }

The 2022 Festival Schedule is Live!

People at the information booth at the 2019 National Book FestivalBig news! The full schedule of author presentations and book signings for the 2022 National Book Festival on Saturday, Sept. 3 is live! You can check out the complete schedule on the National Book Festival website: loc.gov/bookfest.

With more than 120 authors, writers and poets, this year’s festival has something for every reader. Plus, we’ve made it even easier to find the events that you’d most like to attend. Users can filter the schedule by location, stage and more than 30 interests. Maybe you know you would like to hear more from BIPOC authors, but you’re not sure where to start. Fear not: with a simple search you can see all BIPOC authors featured at this year’s festival.

And don’t forget that events on three of our festival stages will be livestreamed: Main Stage, Society & Culture and Young Adult. Festivalgoers can tune in for events featuring singer-songwriter Janelle Monáe, comedian Leslie Jordan, actor Nick Offerman, authors Linda Villarosa and Ed Yong, Jason Reynolds and many, many more!

1. Kristine
    August 1, 2022 at 11:53 am

Hello. I am Kristine Brown and I’m an African American bookstagrammer. I really looking forward to the festival this year. Will there be a link we can use to purchase authors books? Please let em know
    Thanks
    Kristine

• Leah Knobel
      August 3, 2022 at 1:26 pm

Thanks for your interest! Politics & Prose, the official bookseller of the National Book Festival, will have books available for purchase on their website closer to the festival. Books can also be purchased onsite at the festival.

2. Jenn
    August 1, 2022 at 4:12 pm

Library of Congress Bookfest THANK YOU SO MUCH for keeping the virtual option to attend virtually… I love “attending” virtually

3. Donald J. Simon
    August 1, 2022 at 11:42 pm

Will you be offering the app again this year with the scheduling calendar to save times/booths for author’s talks & book signings? This was an excellent app to use and scroll through so I didnt miss a thing throughout the day.

• Leah Knobel
      August 2, 2022 at 11:09 am

The National Book Festival app will not be offered this year. The National Book Festival website is mobile friendly, and you are encouraged to use the “add to calendar” feature.

4. Kathy Ryan
    August 2, 2022 at 7:38 am

I did not find Lidia Yuknavitch and Kim Fu the signing schedule.Will they be signing their books?

Also, Kim’s book is Lesser Known MONSTERS of the 21st Century(not Mortals)

5. Sue Hooven
    August 3, 2022 at 1:41 pm

Where is the poster, who is the poster artist and will the poster artist be signing this year?

6. Kelli Mitchell
    August 3, 2022 at 8:05 pm

So excited to be attending in person this year. I was planning on attending back in 2020 but Covid prevented it that from happening. This’ll be my first time attending.

7. Jacob Simpson
    August 4, 2022 at 11:07 am

Worst author lineup ever

8. Anita Adhikary
    August 5, 2022 at 10:09 am

Greetings, this is so good to see. I have all five if my childrens books there and would love to participate. Unfortunately,I will be traveling this year and cannot attend. Perhaps, next year. My books are special as they help children become confident in who they are. And embrace healthy living and diversity.
    My books are titled:
    Y is for Yoga
    My Daughters are Smart!
    Nepali Tales
    N is for Nepal
    Dashain Aayo! Tihar Aayo! A Nepali holiday book for children.