Since it’s back-to-school time, many folks find themselves looking for new projects, new topics of interest, and new hobbies. I sincerely hope that many of you reading this are hoping to learn how to play music or your favorite song, improving your already extant musical skill, or maybe teaching yourself about some topic in music history. If you are, then we have some new books on BARD (Braille and Audio Reading Download), and on cartridge, that might be exactly what you are looking for!
Not Just Classical Guitar (DBM03757)
For the advanced guitarist, this talking book covers the basics and more advanced techniques of classical guitar of classical guitar playing.
Warren Bernhardt Teaches Jazz Piano (DBM03759)
This talking book is also for the more advanced pianist, as it assumes you know basic scales and chords. It is a nearly 6 hour journey through the technique, theory, and musicality of jazz piano. A great resource for a pianist learning to improvise!
The Guitar According to Gatemouth (DBM03758)
This book contains blues legend Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown giving oral instruction for playing blues guitar. He jams along with you, and you get to learn blues from a master.
We’ve also added a few new flute by ear titles, including: “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from the Rogers and Hammerstein musical Carousel (DBM03557), “The Swan” from Camille Saint-Saëns’s Carnival of the Animals (DBM03556), “Take Five” by Dave Brubeck (DBM03554), Pavane by Gabriel Fauré (DBM03553), “Memory” from Cats (DBM03551), and “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables (DBM03550).
Selected titles include: “Clocks” by Coldplay (DBM03714), “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder (DBM03719), “My Way” by Frank Sinatra (DBM03731), “God Bless America” (DBM03723), “New York State of Mind” by Billy Joel (DBM03733), “Born to Lose” by Ray Charles (DBM03707) and a ton more. Please give us a call or send us an email to get the full listing! Also, you can always search the catalog if you’re looking for something else.
This past month also saw us add a large number of braille titles to the collection. The following are all on BARD, ready for you to download. If you’d prefer a hard copy, please get in touch with us, and we will send that to you.
- Suzuki piano school, Volume 3 (BRM36200). You can find Volume 1 (BRM35278) and Volume 2 (BRM35279) on BARD as well.
- Selected themes from the motion picture Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone for solo piano (BRM36178)
- Sonata for Two Pianos by Igor Stravinsky (BRM36177)
- Deux légendes: No. 2, St. Franco̧is de Paule “marchant sur les flots.” by Franz Liszt (BRM36162)
- Historieta Ingênua for piano by Oscar Lorenzo Fernández
- The Virtuoso Pianist: Exercises 44-51 by Charles Louis Hanon (BRM36168)
- Sonata in B minor, Hob. XVI: 32 for piano by Joseph Haydn (BRM36164)
- Six moments musicaux, op. 16 for piano by Sergei Rachmaninoff (BRM26483)
Lead Sheet (Voice and Piano and/or Guitar)
- “Come Away with Me” for Voice and Piano or Guitar, by Norah Jones (BRM36185)
- “Feelin’ the Same Way” for Voice and Piano or Guitar, by Norah Jones (BRM36184)
- “Don’t Know Why” for Voice and Piano or Guitar, by Norah Jones (BRM36183)
- “A Time for Us” (love theme from Romeo and Juliet) for voice and piano by Nino Rota (BRM34095)
- Violin Concerto in E minor, op. 64 by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (BRM32711)
- “Asturias: Leyenda” from Suite Española and Mallorca: Barcarola, op. 202 for Guitar by Isaac Albéniz
- Belwin Orchestra Builder, Part 1: Oboe for Oboe by Fred Weber and Fred Muller (BRM10027)
- “Aragonaise” from Carmen for flute with piano accompaniment (BRM21038)
- Standard of Excellence: Baritone (Bass Clef), book 1 for Baritone by Bruce Pearson (BRM36004)
- Concert rondo in E-flat major, K. 371 for horn and piano by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (BRM36172)
As you can see we’ve been busy the past month! Stay tuned to the blog for more additions—we have a lot more coming before the year is through! If you have any questions, or see something you’d like to order, don’t hesitate to contact us.