Thanks to all who reviewed and commented on our inaugural post last week of unknown film stills.
Since last week we posted a series of unknown women, this week, we offer up a series of unknown men.
Any suggestions, thoughts, or even speculation on who any of these gentlemen might be is gratefully appreciated and can be shared in the Comments.
1) Probably an actor from the late silent era or early talkies.
SOLVED: This is legendary Japanese director Yasujiro Ozu.
2) A very familiar face, but so far we’ve been unable to put a name to him.
SOLVED!: This is British actor Michael Knowles.
3) A character actor we can’t quite place.
SOLVED!: Fred Foy, longtime radio announcer.
4) He looks like a character actor who would be cast as a judge, a school principal or a kindly father. But who is he?
SOLVED!: This is Wells Church, CBS radio executive.
5) Another character actor.
SOLVED: This is playwright Leonard Melfi.
6) The back of this photo has a hand-written notation on its back, “Fri TV ON Two Guys,” but there’s no other information.
SOLVED: The above is the Maine-based humorist Marshall Dodge.
Thanks for your help!