We continue with our collection of unlabeled, unidentified movie and TV stills and we hope you can help us. Below are shots of various ladies and, if you think you know who they are, please post in the “comments” section below. For a better, bigger look at the photos, please “click” on the image. As these identities are solved, we’ll update this blog accordingly. Thank you!
1. Neither the exotic film this actress is in nor the actress’s name is known to us at this time.
2. Some text has bled into this image but it’s not readable. Hence, we hope someone will recognize this smiling lady.
SOLVED!: Frances Waller, who appeared in a 1949 episode of TV’s “Kraft Television Theatre” titled “New Brooms.”
3. We know neither this hitch-hiking actress nor the film this photo is taken from.
SOLVED!: Rebekah Johnson in “Ruby Jean and Joe” (1996)!–Thanks, Kitty!
4. Obviously, these four shots are part of a larger composite/proof sheet. All seem to be of the same woman. But who is she?
5. Is this a young actress posing for some studio-related “cheesecake” or is this a more of a “pin-up” shot ala Bettie Page? Either way, we’d love to know her identity.
SOLVED!: Arline Hunter!–Thank you, Stela!
6. The name of the lady in the horizontal stripes is not known right now.
7. The lady in question here is probably involved in classical music in some fashion as the photographer of this image usually takes portraits of musicians. But who is she?
SOLVED!: We think this is soprano (and sometime film star) Noelle Rogers.–Thank you, John H.
8. Probably a dancer–but what is her name?
UPDATE: Many suggest Juliet Prowse for this photo’s subject. I see it too but wish I could find another shot of Prowse in that same blouse.
Along with reviewing a these images, we invite you to look at our previous posts for other photos we are trying to ID. The links are below.
To see our previous photo blogs, please click on the links below….
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (2 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (2 out of 6 solved!)