It’s #15 in our mystery photo photo blog and, this time, we post a group of shots that might be of actors, directors, film executives, newscasters, or writers…or who knows? We welcome your thoughts on the identity of each of the men pictured. As always, “clicking” on any of the images below will increase their size. As any of these men are positively ID’ed, we’ll update this blog accordingly. Many thanks for taking a look!
1. The map in the back of the distinguished looking man might be a clue, but who is he?
2. We’ve had many guesses on this man, perhaps an actor, but nothing definitive.
SOLVED!: Ivica Pajer, Yugoslavian actor.
3. A contemplative pose but no name, so far, to go with this headshot.
UPDATE: Ben Maddow? Rouben Mamoulian?
5. This director makes a point behind the camera–but who is he?
SOLVED: This is Geoffrey Sax on the set of his film “Ruby Jean and Joe.”
6. Who is the man with the collar and the beard?
7. We don’t yet know the identities of either of these men. We hope you can help.
UPDATE: We had a guess of Paul Kohner…but his agency told us it’s not him.
8. Anyone know this gentleman writing at his desk?
9. Dressed up for sure but who is he?
10. If a movie director had a “look,” this might be it but we don’t know his name or, actually, even if he’s a director.
SOLVED: Film director Harold Becker.
Please see our previous photo blogs (links below) for other so-far unknown photos.
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #9: Portraits of an Unknown Woman (3 of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #10: The Films With No Name (7 out of 8 solved!)
Photo Blog #11: The Kids are Unknown (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #12: Reel Mysteries (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #13: Men of Mystery (4 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #14: More Musical Mysteries (2 out of 10 solved!)