This time, in our mystery photo blog, we look at a handful of ladies who, despite ringing many bells, we don’t know the name of. Therefore, we need YOUR help. Please take a look (“clicking” on any of the images below will increase them in size to that they are easier to see). And please offer up any suggestions or answers in the “Comments” section below. As these photos are–hopefully–identified, we will update this blog according. THANKS!
1. The name of this pretty lady has frustrated many since they seem to recognize her from somewhere. But what is her name?
UPDATE: We thought this might be Cynda Williams but we sent the photo to Ms. Williams and she says it is not her.
2. Another, we presume, actress who looks familiar but who we haven’t been able to place.
SOLVED!: Actress Ludie Claire!
3. This lady with the hat and walking stick might be British based upon the envelope this negative was found in. Regardless, we don’t know her name.
UPDATE: We thought this might be Ruth Hussey but we checked with Ms. Hussey’s son and he does not believe it to be her.
4. This lady is, it seems, from New York state but we don’t know who she is or what the plaque she is holding is for.
5. This lady might be a silent film actress or a vaudeville performer. Hopefully, her identity is not lost to history.
UPDATE: Pretty sure that this is a picture of Stella Mayhew.
UPDATE: We thought this might be Judy Pace but, when contacted, Ms. Pace said no. Could this be Sheila Frazier?
7. And another unknown woman at work on a mural.
8. This fetching lady is striking a come-hither, over the shoulder pose but we don’t know her name…yet.
9. We don’t quite know what’s going on in this photo–is it a fashion shot for Native American jewelry? And what is the name of the model?
10. Finally, here’s a shot that is probably from a film. We don’t know who either actor is or what the title of this work might be. There has been speculation that the film is a non-US title however.
SOLVED!: “Laura Nuda” (Italy, 1961); actors are: Tomas Milian and Giorgia Moll.
Thanks for looking! To see our previous “mystery photo” posts (with some stills still in need of identification), see the links below:
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #5: Unknown Horrors (1 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #9: Portraits of an Unknown Woman (3 of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #10: The Films With No Name (7 out of 8 solved!)
Photo Blog #11: The Kids are Unknown (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #12: Reel Mysteries (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #13: Men of Mystery (4 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #14: More Musical Mysteries (2 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #15: The Executive Guess (1 out of 10 solved)