It’s number #20 in the Library of Congress’s movie mystery still blog. Although the blog has been wonderfully successful (THANKS TO ALL!), this month we look back at some of our previously posted pictures in hopes that they can still be solved. As always, “clicking” on any of the images below will increase them in size to that they are easier to see. Please offer up any suggestions or answers in the “Comments” section below. As these photos are–hopefully–identified, we will update this blog accordingly. Thanks again.
SOLVED: Mary Lou Ryhal!
2. This group shot might be from a TV show or a film and might be from the US or not.
SOLVED!: This is a NY comedy troupe named Captive Audience. The photo features Georgia Harrell on the far right; Brendan Elliot (tall guy in back); and Philippe Ruskin (short guy in front). The photo is from May 1982. Thank you to Carl, Celia, Will, Paul and Georgia for solving this one!
3. This man has stymied us as well.
SOLVED!: Fred Foy, radio announcer.
4. Here’s a still from a film (we think) but, so far, a title eludes us.
SOLVED!: “Les Aveux Les Plus Doux” (1971). A French film it is also known under the titles “The Sweetest Confession” (which explains the “SC” in the corner) and “Sweet Torture.”
6. This seems to be a production of “Knickerbocker Holiday” considering the dress and the date from on the theater set. But it’s not from the US version of “Holiday.” So where is it from and can anyone tell us any of the actor’s pictured?
7. This is an exotic-looking lady but, so far, we don’t know her name or the film she’s appearing in.
8. Another unknown actress/dancer from another unknown film. Faintly visible on the photo is a film censor stamp from Brazil. Is this, therefore, a still from a Brazilian-produced film?
9. Several test shots from–we assume–a handsome young actor. Anyone know who he is?
UPDATE: We believe this shot was taken between 1998 and 2001.
10. A lot of good guesses have come in regarding this smiling woman, but nothing we could verify. On the back of the photo is a stamped date of “Dec. 24, 1949.”
SOLVED!: Actress Frances Waller who appeared in a Dec. 1949 installment of “Kraft Television Theatre.”
11. This actor looks painfully familiar but we don’t know who he is.
12. Finally, one would think this one would be easy because it is so distinctive–some sort of monster with her vampire child but we have yet to determine what this is from. Could be from a TV episode.
SOLVED!: “Children of the Night” (1991)
To see our previous blogs–as well as some other, so far, unsolved images–please click on any of the links below.
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #5: Unknown Horrors (1 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #9: Portraits of an Unknown Woman (3 of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #10: The Films With No Name (7 out of 8 solved!)
Photo Blog #11: The Kids are Unknown (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #12: Reel Mysteries (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #13: Men of Mystery (4 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #14: More Musical Mysteries (3 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #15: The Executive Guess (1 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #16: The Familiar Female (1 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #17: Cowboys and Question Marks (6 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #18: Oddities and Ends (2 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #19: Potpourri (1 out of 10 solved!)