It is #21 in the Library of Congress’s movie mystery still blog. As we did last month, this time we are reposting a few stills that are still in search of a solution.
As always, “clicking” on any of the images below will increase them in size so that they are easier to see. Please offer up any suggestions or answers in the “Comments” section below. As these photos are–hopefully–identified, we will update this blog accordingly. Thanks again.
1. We’ve had various guesses for this young lady including Carrie Fisher but, so far, nothing confirmed.
SOLVED: This is actress Wendy Phillips.
2. In pencil on the back of this still, it is written “The Apprentice with Mr. McGrath” which makes us think that man in the photo is long-time actor Paul McGrath but we haven’t been able to confirm that or anything else. (By the way, a date is also stamped on the back of the photo; it reads: “Jul 31 1968.”)
SOLVED: The woman with the camera is local Syracuse, NY, actress Dorothy Singleton.
3. Lots of guesses for this guy too but, so far, nothing solid.
SOLVED: Ivica Pajer!–Thank you to “Maciste.”
SOLVED: This is a publicity shot for stage production titled “The Great Air Robbery.” It was staged by the San Francisco Mime Troupe in 1974. The actress is Andrea Snow. The background is the SF 24th/Mission BART station. Many worked to solved this major mystery. Thank you to: Scott, Mike, Kevin Lee, Loren, the San Francisco Film Office, the “San Francisco Gate,” KTVU, Alicia, the San Francisco Public Library and the City of San Francisco.
6. We’ve got several shots of this young actress (we assume) but don’t know who she is.
7. About a million guesses so far for this lady but nothing we are certain of. (The photographer of this image is Peter Perri, or so it says in the lower corner.)
SOLVED!: This is actress Fran Carlon.
8. Is this for a horror film? An opera? We thought it might be of actor Michael Constatine but Mr. Constatine says no. So who is it?
SOLVED!: This is Stephen Turner as he appeared in the 1970 Hammer film “Horror of Frankenstein.”
9. We assume a silent film actress but we have yet to be able to confirm who she is.
UPDATE: Dorothy Mathews?
10. We think that that’s the same young man in both photos above. But we don’t know who he is or who his friend is either.
SOLVED!: This is from the “Hallmark Hall of Fame: Aftermath” (1991).
11. Maybe an actor of stage and/or screen? But we don’t know his name.
12. This lady looks like Suzy Mandel but Ms. Mandel says it’s not her. We are open to suggestions.
SOLVED!: This is actress Marta Brennan.
13. We don’t know this sepia-toned man yet but we are open to suggestions.
UPDATE: George Magrill?
14. We’ve had a couple of guesses on this lady who has taken a tumble in the snow but nothing for sure.
15. And one more. This one will be hard as he’s got the glasses on but we are ever hopeful.
SOLVED: David Manners
To see our previous some other photos which might not have been solved yet, please click on the links below.
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #5: Unknown Horrors (1 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #9: Portraits of an Unknown Woman (3 of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #10: The Films With No Name (7 out of 8 solved!)
Photo Blog #11: The Kids are Unknown (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #12: Reel Mysteries (5 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #13: Men of Mystery (4 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #14: More Musical Mysteries (3 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #15: The Executive Guess (1 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #16: The Familiar Female (1 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #17: Cowboys and Question Marks (6 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #18: Oddities and Ends (2 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #19: Potpourri (1 out of 10 solved!)