After 22 previous posts, the Moving Image and Recorded Sound division of the Library of Congress has, with this final assortment, exhausted its currently slate of unidentified stills. (Or, at least until we acquire some more!) Thanks to everyone who has looked at these over the last year or so and has solved them or offered suggestions.
Below are a few previously-posted images that we are still trying to ID. We (as always) welcome suggestions about who or what. As always, clicking on the image below will enlarge it. And possible answers can be placed in the “comments” section below. We will update this blog as we figure them out.
1) Still don’t know the name of this fetching young woman. We welcome your suggestions.
2) We have a good guess on his man behind the camera but we don’t have anything conclusive.
UPDATE: Could this be filmmaker and photographer Ben Maddow?
3) The man on the far left is the actor Howard Da Silva but we don’t know the other two gentlemen. Two clues are stamped on the back of the photo: the word “Sherlock” and the date “Jan 19 1973.”
4) We would like to know the name of this dapper gent in the tux.
5) We had a suggestion that this might be the late Shel Silverstein but the Library reached out to Mr. Silverstein’s Estate and they did not believe it to be him. So: we are still trying to determine who it is. On the back of this print it is stamped “Cincinnati Enquirer.”
6) Admittedly, this one is going to be tough because this director’s face is so obscured. His hat however does read “Tucson Rodeo.”
UPDATE: Could this be William F. Claxton? David Lynch? Cameron Crowe?
7) It was suggested that the woman in this striking photo might be pop star Kate Garner but, again, Ms. Garner, when contacted by the Library, said it wasn’t her. So, who is she? (On the back of this photo, it is stamped: “Ashley Associates Photography” along with a no-longer-working NYC phone number.)
8) We’d love to know the name of this group–either individually or as a group.
SOLVED!: Musical group Beachfront Property!–Thank you Olympia at Reddit.
9) This illustration might have been for a proposed building or was used in a film or was drawn as a proposed film set. We just don’t know. Does it look familiar to anyone?
10) We have an idea of who this might be, just aren’t positive. We are open to ideas.
UPDATE: Could this be actress Judy Pace?
UPDATE: This location has been ID’ed as Axamer Lizum in Austria. Is the lady notable though? (Thanks to Max for the snowy info.)
12) It’s all the same smiling woman in this series of four photos but we don’t know who she is.
13) Another painting: is it from a film or for a film or nothing to do with a film? The name in the lower corner (and scribbled on the back of this print) seems to be “Kepler.”
14) On the back of this photo, it is stamped “Cornelius / Apr 9 1946.” Then, in pencil, on the back of the photo, someone has scribbled what looks like “Virginia” and “Hepburn.”
15) Finally, we don’t know either of these men.
UPDATE: Could the man on the left be Jackie Coogan?
To see some of our prior photo blogs, please click on the links below. Some stills are still awaiting solving.
Photo Blog #1: Who’s That Lady? (1 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #2: Who’s that Gent? (3 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #3: Name That Movie! (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #4: Musical Mysteries (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #5: Unknown Horrors (1 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #6: Small Screen Oddities (4 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #7: International Unknowns (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #8: Mysterious Silents (5 out of 6 solved!)
Photo Blog #9: Portraits of an Unknown Woman (3 of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #10: The Films With No Name (7 out of 8 solved!)
Photo Blog #11: The Kids are Unknown (6 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #12: Reel Mysteries (7 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #13: Men of Mystery (6 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #14: More Musical Mysteries (4 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #15: The Executive Guess (2 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #16: The Familiar Female (1 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #17: Cowboys and Question Marks (6 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #18: Oddities and Ends (2 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #19: Potpourri (1 out of 10 solved!)
Photo Blog #21: More Lingering Mysteries (1 out of 15 solved!)
Photo Blog #22: Nagging Mysteries (1 out of 15 solved!)