The June 2012 Library of Congress Digital Preservation Newsletter is now available.
In this issue:
- The Library of Congress digital preservation blog, The Signal, is a year old
- A recap of the week-long International Internet Preservation Consortium General Assembly
- News from The Signal: Defining the “Big” in Big Data; GeoMAPP and the Future of Digital Geospatial Preservation; National Digital Stewardship Residency Program Curriculum Panel Meets; and 2012 Junior Fellows Working on Digital Preservation Policies
- Read thoughts about the impermanence, selection and digital stewardship of digital content
- Learn how librarians are helping their communities with personal digital archiving
- Apocalypse Bit: Disaster Mythologies & Digital Preservation?
- Recent interviews with Doug White, Project leader for the National Institute of Standards and Technology National Software Reference Library; Ben Fino-Radin, Digital Conservator for the Rhizome ArtBase; and Joe Lambert, Founder and Executive Director of the Center for Digital Storytelling
- Call for Applications: Digital Preservation Outreach and Education Train-the-Trainer Workshop, Midwest Region
- Upcoming events: DigitalPreservation 2012, July 24-26 and CurateCamp: Processing Data/Processing Collection, July 26