Valerie Haeder loves variety and challenges! Her limitless curiosity has led her to work as a sales associate at a motorcycle dealership during the world’s largest motorcycle rally in Sturgis, SD; construction worker at Habitat for Humanity; and freelance travel, business and academic writer and editor. She’s often on-the-go, having journeyed to all seven continents and having run the Marine Corps Marathon. When not exploring, you’ll find Valerie planning her next adventure, whether it be kayaking on the Potomac, discovering a hidden destination or simply walking to the dog park with her sweet rescue poodle, Harold. Valerie is a reference librarian in the library’s Serial and Government Publications Division.
Most Recent Posts
- Michael Hill: Hero to the Historians October 15th, 2019
- Workers of America Unite! September 4th, 2019
- The Origins of Pioneer Day July 23rd, 2019
- Pesky Details: The Authenticity of the Lincoln Flag June 11th, 2019
- The Darling Buds of May: Spring Blossoms and Workers’ Discontent April 30th, 2019