M. Amelia Raines is a reference librarian in the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division. She holds a Bachelor’s in Linguistics and a Master’s of Science in Information from the University of Michigan. Prior to joining the Library of Congress in 2021, she was the federal documents librarian at the State of Arizona Research Library. Amelia is from Michigan originally and enjoys nature, tea, and – of course – maps.
Most Recent Posts
- Winds of (Ex)Change in the Indian Ocean April 7th, 2022
- Words on a Map: The Cartography of Language February 15th, 2022
- Among the Greats December 16th, 2021
- A Trip Down the Niger River November 3rd, 2021
- “The Integrity of the Soil”: Splitting the Southwest September 1st, 2021