AUTHOR: Maria Peña
Maria Peña is a public affairs specialist in the Office of Communications, where she helps promote the Library of Congress’ collections, programs and services. Prior to joining the Library, she worked as a bilingual journalist for 30 years for major Spanish-language media outlets. She holds a B.A in broadcast journalism from the American University and a Masters in communication from the Johns Hopkins University. María believes in the power of cultural diplomacy and media literacy for promoting democracy and civic engagement.
Most Recent Posts
- The First Children’s Picture Book Might Be This One November 1st, 2023
- José Guadalupe Posada’s Lively Calaveras and Enduring Legacy October 31st, 2023
- Dancing the Danzón: Hispanic Heritage Month October 11th, 2023
- Hundreds of Hebrew Manuscripts Now Online October 5th, 2023
- La Biblioteca Podcast: Season 2! October 8th, 2021