Matt Raymond served as the Library’s Director of Communications from 2006 to 2011.
Raymond served since May 2005 as the senior advisor for communication at UNICEF, where he was the chief speech writer and senior aide to the executive director. He was responsible for UNICEF’s communications vehicles, including press, publications, broadcasts, Web presence and events.
Prior to his position at UNICEF, Raymond was the director of speech writing at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, where he developed major communications policies and strategies across the 100,000-employee executive branch department.
His legislative branch experience includes eight years serving as communications director, deputy press secretary, or chief of staff for a variety on congressional members.
Raymond began his media career as a television news reporter, covering Montana’s state government and its legislature. He received a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Northwestern University.
Most Recent Posts
- The Warmth of the Electronic Hearth March 11th, 2011
- The Library Heads SXSW March 10th, 2011
- Snow Closing Library’s Public Spaces Today at 3:30 January 26th, 2011
- BREAKING NEWS: Hawk Rescued from Main Reading Room January 26th, 2011
- Time for Another Hawk Update January 24th, 2011
- And Watch a Hawk Makin’ Lazy Circles in the Dome January 21st, 2011
- Watching Our Researchers Like a Hawk January 20th, 2011
- There’s No Place Like (a New) Homepage January 7th, 2011
- Elizabeth Ridgway: A Colleague, a Friend, an Inspiration January 3rd, 2011
- Link-o-Rama December 23rd, 2010