As K-12 educators return to teaching this fall to begin a school year like no other, the Library has updated its website for teachers to make it more focused and easier for educators to use. The site now makes its home at a new URL: www.loc.gov/programs/teachers.
The Library’s Teachers site has long provided a substantial suite of classroom materials, professional development resources, and other tools to support teachers as they use the Library’s powerful online collections of primary sources with their students. This new update includes all of our most-used and most-effective resources, but also allows us to offer:
- A more streamlined experience that lets busy teachers find what they need quickly
- Mobile-responsive design that’s easier to use on a variety of devices
- Better integration with the online collections of the Library
Plus new content areas:
- Distance learning ideas for using primary sources remotely
- A chance to get to know our Teachers in Residence and Albert Einstein Education Fellows
- A showcase for our collaborations with other organizations and institutions
- Easy access to recordings of our past professional development webinars and Online Office Hours
We plan to keep building new content and doing all we can to help educators meet the challenges of teaching during uncertain times, so please take a look around and let us know what you think! We look forward to your working with us in our new home for years to come.