Michelle L. Stefano is a Folklife Specialist in Research and Programs at the American Folklife Center. Before joining the AFC in October 2016, she worked for the folklife program of Maryland, Maryland Traditions, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). She earned her Ph.D. in Cultural and Heritage Studies at Newcastle University (United Kingdom) in 2010 and her MA in International Museum Studies from Gothenburg University (Sweden) in 2004.
Most Recent Posts
- Folklife at the International Level: Issues in Protecting Traditional Cultural Expressions November 13th, 2017
- Reel Folk: Interview with Filmmaker Amy Nicholson September 26th, 2017
- Reel Folk: The Making of Let’s Get the Rhythm September 20th, 2017
- Reel Folk: Cultural Explorations on Film Screening and Discussion Event September 8th, 2017
- Folklife at the International Level: Traditional Cultural Expressions as Intellectual Property July 10th, 2017